Xbox1 Wireless arcade stick

Hey you great great people....

Now please don't let this be the 1st time i ask a question on here and leave with no answer...

I have an obsession.....I want a professional grade wireless arcade stick for my xbox....However having spent literally the last 3 days....with very little sleep i have yet to find even a mention of anyone putting a wireless xbox pad into an arcade stick.....

Wired pads, 360, ps3, literally any other console with a wireless pad has hundreds and hundreds of articles, blog posts and forum entries on building an arcade stick...but the xbox has none....(bar the question somebody asked but never really got his question answered)

Now here's what i'd like to know.....and i'm asking you on here because you know everything to do with emulators....I don't care about xbox functionality....it's purely the xbox emulators i want this for..

I was thinking of using a wireless psx controller with a converter to xbox....Ideally i would like to use an xbox pad but this is the best compromise i can come up with.....

Now do you think that would work....if it would then i would indeed be happy as hell and i can start ordering my parts...It has to work with the obvious emulators - Obviously fbl, coinops but i'd like to use it on the well basically everything....all the emulators....since i have all of them.....but the stick is for fighters and all the arcade emu's mainly since that's what sticks are for....

Hey you great great people....

Now please don't let this be the 1st time i ask a question on here and leave with no answer...

I have an obsession.....I want a professional grade wireless arcade stick for my xbox....However having spent literally the last 3 days....with very little sleep i have yet to find even a mention of anyone putting a wireless xbox pad into an arcade stick.....

Wired pads, 360, ps3, literally any other console with a wireless pad has hundreds and hundreds of articles, blog posts and forum entries on building an arcade stick...but the xbox has none....(bar the question somebody asked but never really got his question answered)

Now here's what i'd like to know.....and i'm asking you on here because you know everything to do with emulators....I don't care about xbox functionality....it's purely the xbox emulators i want this for..

I was thinking of using a wireless psx controller with a converter to xbox....Ideally i would like to use an xbox pad but this is the best compromise i can come up with.....

Now do you think that would work....if it would then i would indeed be happy as hell and i can start ordering my parts...It has to work with the obvious emulators - Obviously fbl, coinops but i'd like to use it on the well basically everything....all the emulators....since i have all of them.....but the stick is for fighters and all the arcade emu's mainly since that's what sticks are for....

There are some big ifs here. IF:

If you can still have access to the right analog click and the back button with your psx adapter then you're golden. If not then its going to take some creative button assigning in the emulators to get everything to work smoothly. Back is always the Coin button by default and its almost universal that the right click gets you out of a game and into a menu. These can be changed for coinops and fbl but its better just to leave it than to figure out what else is going to work. No Back button means assigning a coin button for every FBL game you want to play.

If you're going to hack apart this psx pad like I think you're going to then all you need to do is find a common ground and you should be ok. You might want to think about what you're going to use as a case for your control panel too. Heavy mdf or metal will really shield you're wireless' signal and you won't be able to sit across the room like you would with just the pad. My first arcade machine that I put an xbox in was a Capcom Big Blue, a giant thing made out of MDF (plywood type stuff) and a big metal panel. I put the xbox inside it on a shelf I had made and put a wireless controller in the 4th port for like a wireless remote. Well, it works ok to control music but nobody wants to be player 4 for super mario war.

If you want the least amount of lag with your controllers then you should look into some Xbox Logitec wireless controllers. I've got madcat minis, pelicans, no name weird wireless controllers and they all have a delay for me. I really feel it when playing Surreal64 or Soul Caliber II, but the Logitecs are great, plus theres no on/off switch to forget about and waste your batteries.

I think the problem with your question is that wired controllers are just more reliable and so no-ones really tried to use a wireless for this. I've made a bunch of control panels by hacking xbox pads and if you follow the diagrams that exist it works with very little fuss (just alot of soldering). You're going to need to figure out the proper solder points for each switch, take clear pictures and post a guide so the rest of us can try it too.

I wish you the best of luck in your project. And really do take some good pics so I can try after you.

Red

PS. Get your joysticks and buttons here: www.groovygamegear.com RandyT is a cool guy. He actually brings me my orders personally cuz I'm on his drive home!

I have an obsession.....I want a professional grade wireless arcade stick for my xbox....

so im guessing that means you are not interested in something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000639KZ...me=&seller=

i saw the topic and thought i would be able to help more, sorry.

Dude,

You might as well get that wireless stick, hack it and put it in a case like the one you want. The board inside that ugly case is probably pretty thin. You'd still need to find the common ground and trace the switches though.

Red

I have an obsession.....I want a professional grade wireless arcade stick for my xbox....

so im guessing that means you are not interested in something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000639KZ...me=&seller=

i saw the topic and thought i would be able to help more, sorry.

Dude,

You might as well get that wireless stick, hack it and put it in a case like the one you want. The board inside that ugly case is probably pretty thin. You'd still need to find the common ground and trace the switches though.

Red

Nah that thing is shit.....if it was good it would have been heard of....but it's shite so its unknown...lol

I want to use something with a reliable connection.....and apparently that one doesn't meet that....I know the Logitech pads are pretty good....for the connection...but i don't think they are common ground....

Right...so now i've done my research and it seems that i can get away with a ps2 pad....sooo as long as it's common ground i'm runnin with this...now i just need to find one...