New Xbox Mame

cba.gy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also used the earlier MAME ports for years, but as I said the Xbox Scene is not just about MAME. If it was, then BP would not be adding code from other apps that are dedicated to the hardware I named. You can condone BP and his antics however much you like. But coding for the greater good is not the same as coding for BP's good. Users like you are more than likely the majority. But you all need to try to take off the blinders of selfishness that are making you shortsighted for a moment.

Well, maybe not. Think how you want to. The developers understand the point I'm trying to make. Nes6502 especially. Let's see if BP can keep your scene alive Searius. Give him all the validation he needs. There are many more people out there like you. Your input is welcome.

Sorry I thought this was post about mame and not about the Scene in general. I do like to condone anyone's efforts to keep mame going across multiple platforms and xbox obvioulsy, and I don't care how big/small a contribution might be it should be commended in my view. So like I said earlier I commend the intentions of this post to propose more mame goodness - be it from anyone, they get my respect. That's all.

Im gone dude im in the final tests <_< I wont be keeping shit alive ... its up to you guys now

How many times have u said that? You will surely come out for another grand larceny if the opportunity presented itself. Pissing off other truly skilled devs who have a LOT of new things to offer is worse than piecing together an app of their existing work and releasing it underground through some fanboy of yours just to get credit.

People aren't realizing this to their own detriment.

And another perfectly valid and potentially interesting thread is turned into a crapfest.

It's not BP that's to blame for this one, his first comment could have easily been ignored. Can we just pull all the hating and venom-spitting back a bit so that this forum might actually have a chance of becoming worth reading again? How do you expect any developer to take a request for a new port of MAME seriously when this is what it's based on?

You've killed your own thread, but hopefully not the idea. <_>

Sorry I thought this was post about mame and not about the Scene in general. I do like to condone anyone's efforts to keep mame going across multiple platforms and xbox obvioulsy, and I don't care how big/small a contribution might be it should be commended in my view. So like I said earlier I commend the intentions of this post to propose more mame goodness - be it from anyone, they get my respect. That's all.

The people who create and develop these emulators should get their credit too. Just as the makers of the games got their credit when the games were released years ago -- through sales, user reviews, and critical acclaim. Nobody does anything for free, even if it is "free" for me or you. If someone worked a 9 to 5 making something I had no interest in buying or using, I'd still say they should get their due credit/compensation for it. If they don't or someone steals their work and passes it off as theirs indirectly, then the result is usually a cessation of the work being done. It's pure logic.

But anyway like you said, that's all. The relevance of this issue to the thread is, no one is going to step up and do an Xbox MAME core update without some serious thought and reservations about what happened today with BP. There's how your beloved MAME goodness is being hindered. The core is indeed ancient on all Xbox Mame versions, ConOPS included.

It will be a miracle if someone chooses to deal with this problem. MAME for the Xbox needs a core update more than any other tinkering around in other areas. Who's going to do it just so BP can take it and call it ConOPS R6 Showcase Reignite Plus Extra? Devs used to show each other a lot more respect and the Scene benefitted for everyone. It matters that that environment is pretty much gone.

love it when new people tell me about how things are and used to be as if they actually know and i actually dont know....it great to see the passion that makes them actually know what they havent been around for <_< at least one person finds it amusing

wonder if you know what happened to Kennedy?

Agreed +T+ , probably a lot of dismay floating around out there.

A good workable version will probably take more than one dev's input !

Will recent events put a stop to collaberations ?

I was hoping the thread would pull the community together and also gauge some opinions.

Its obvious that some users feel strongly about whats happening and other users don't give a shit.

That's fine. In a way a result either way.

Whether users were aware of it or not they were voicing a positive "yes" to a modern version.

Emotional heat is sometimes the way to get a persons true opinion/feelings on a matter.

Edited by cba.gy

love it when new people tell me about how things are and used to be as if they actually know and i actually dont know....it great to see the passion that makes them actually know what they havent been around for :) at least one person finds it amusing

wonder if you know what happened to Kennedy?

So my account date tells you how long I've been around? :lol: You agreed with Searius. He says he's used MAME for years (and I believe him on that), even though his account was made here in '08. <_< I'm not new. I've been around for quite a while. Long enough to finally see that everything people said about you was true.

You see that this topic is meant to be a petition for a core update. I ask again, why have you not done one for as long as you've had MAME all to yourself? You see Cbagy and most people here hoping someone does it, but why can't you do it? Oh that's right, youve done all you can do with CoinOps. :D Out of respect for +T+ as a developer, I won't go any further with you.

In the end, I give my support to an update of Xbox MAME in the end CBagy. I support your petition.

I vote do it..... I allready know stuff about it you dont <_< if people want to ask me I can shed some knoweldge if not its all good....maybe they can solve some stuff many others couldnt :lol: its good you have been around long enough to see what happened when ebsy hard drive died and I had to lend the borther a hand...its the small stuff that counts and you know about all this stuff im sure....I like listiening to the truth about what really happened on those days :D

I vote for nes to do it & keep the source private. <_<

I only saw an hour or so ago that nes' work was stolen by BP & inserted

into Coinops, no real surprises there then.

I agree that this will be a (bad) turning point for the Xbox emu scene, putting off potential devs.

Whats next, Coinops running Alien vs Predator? Through a patch..lol.