Question about coinops R3 Dats

Zawardo

I tried to rebuild a coinops set from a 0.135 perfect set, i used the crlmamepro's dat (R3) and after a couple of hours i obtained the new set, i scanned it (with the same R3 dat) and found quite a lot of missing roms (and even some missing set). Why did i encounter this issue? It wasn't supposed to be based on the 0.135 set? there are some older sets in the R3 dat?

Thanks a lot

I tried to rebuild a coinops set from a 0.135 perfect set, i used the crlmamepro's dat (R3) and after a couple of hours i obtained the new set, i scanned it (with the same R3 dat) and found quite a lot of missing roms (and even some missing set). Why did i encounter this issue? It wasn't supposed to be based on the 0.135 set? there are some older sets in the R3 dat?

Thanks a lot

Well the problem mostly lies on the fact that coinops mame (any version) is based on mameox 0.84 that has been tweaked and some roms updated to what we see as coinops and such. So basically, you will still need older romsets for whatever wasn't updated or changed and whatever that was added and/or updated should use the latest romset. One thing to note as I have been told and have experienced is the dat isn't 100% as even with the R3 dat with the added games, those games came up as unknown so expect some trial and error.

M.I.A. wouldn't hurt to be a lil nicer as I'm seeing a lot of attitude from you in your posts as of late so please play nice :P

Prican25 is correct. CoinOps uses old roms. Mame 0.84 should be the set you look for.

Good luck with that ! Or wait for ShowCase 2 to appear sometime, somewhere.

Grab it quick as these torrents don't live long.

Edited by cba.gy

Thanks a lot

google "coinops showcase torrent" and start downloading. That is the easiest way will take you a few days of constant downloading depending on your bandwidth but it will give you a complete out of the box package.

google "coinops showcase torrent" and start downloading. That is the easiest way will take you a few days of constant downloading depending on your bandwidth but it will give you a complete out of the box package.

thanx i already have the full showcase (and the addiction of R3), my question was only intended to understand the composition of the full set, since my R3's readme doesn't have any info about it.

http://www.2shared.com/file/10461189/81fa0..._1200_Game.html? dats of R4 with top 1200 games....ignor the readmes etc I just built it from my Showcase light build and removed all the new stuff and fixed stuff

good luck it should give you a good base

thanx man!!!

that was exactly what i wished for :D

what do you mean by " removed all the new stuff and fixed stuff"?

thanx again

means all cores and my updates are removed like well theres about 50 other games now at least not supported in that build....thats whats left from my build....

Ill try and find the 1800 game one sometime....

it will add 400 or so games not in CoinOPS Showcase and remove the ones that dont work now :D they will all boot fine

my personal build is now 3000 unique games so I cant reallt release any more of those sorry but that will add heaps