xxx

BritneysPAIRS

xxx  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

morals are ironic really(People steal capcoms/sega etc work and over look it...but protect open source code from being used)

mame is founded and built on 100s of peoples work growning together and mame hated the cps2 lovers ripping there code off and said they would have never had cracked cps2 due to the issues it caused (thats ironic now as well)

The autodrivers are only a small part of the patch.....in coding wise about 20 lines if that also 100percent written by me.

the problem is, no one was stealing capcoms work as soon as it was released. This is not just a case of a capcom cps2 analogy. It's more similar to a case of capcom, snk, midway, and namco making new titles each, only to have another company begin mass producing their products without their consent a few weeks/months later. that kind of thing never, ever happened. newer cps2 games weren't even supported by most emulators when cps2 was cracked. no one cashed in on those company's work the way you are trying to cash in on the work of others.

the fact is, its stuff like this that make the real talented developers leave the Xbox Scene. Without the really skilled developers around who actually ported and developed these apps, where would coinops be? This build is fine for your personal usage. But for the people who put all that time into creating those apps, only for you to steal the credit; well let's see how many of them will do anything else for you or any of the other users who show up just to kiss up to you for doing this. at least you credited iq_132 for coding all the drivers for the past few builds of coinops, but doing the right thing and respecting other developers was too much for you to keep doing wasn't it. ;)

the xbox scene is yours BP. you wanted it, you got it. no one should ever port an app or work on the scene again after this stunt. they'll just be doing all that work for you. all the drama you've brought with your antics has really hurt the scene whether people can see it or not. time will show how right I am.

Can you keep the scene alive with your little "updates" at a time? Is Coinops dead or is it alive? Seems it's alive whenever there is someone around besides you to contribute to it, one way or the other. Why do you behave like such a drama queen when others show up to make meaningful contributions to the scene?

you gave SOME people something that they want for now, but you have killed the Xbox Scene BritneysPAIRS. Without xport, bendermike, iq_132, nes6502, gogo ackman, kenshiro, elsemi, and anyone I left out, you would be getting no glory for this whatsoever. good luck keeping the scene alive with your "skills"

have fun crediting BP for all that hard work guys. cheers. B)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did I kill the scene I added the stuff people asked for .... and yes I coded 90percent of it from scratch. I know who did what as I worked with them alot of the time (you guys think you know about stuff that has happened behind closed doors but in honesty you dont have a clue about it), I still talk to some of them but they are out. I cant help that. Ive been coding for the xbox for long long time and have done alot more than you can imagine for alot more projects than you can imagine. You actually believe if I was to leave all the stuff in mame would have been done I waited for years and was one of the askers once...then I decided if I wanted it done id have to do it myself and learnt from scratch ;) anyways your opion is noted

if you want credit try it out and see how easy it is? 720p on 100percent of the games must have been 100s and 100s of hours of work so you guys dont have bugs with the vm.....you dont see that side at all I know the credits and the mame team is by far the biggests along with the people who made the technology for the games and wrote them.... a few of those people you mentioned theres no code from them but I have about 100 other peoples as does FB ....

Don't know how i came into this but seeing as though you seem to need me

in the conversation all i will add is -

without NES6502's source code there wouldn't be a R4 patch, period !

PS. Where are the R4 sources ?

PSS. I never pointed the finger at Fu, others did.

Just strange how he's slithered into your little reptillian gang. Go figure !

Edited by cba.gy

load of rubbish without iq patchs there wouldnt be r4

Anyways ill be releaseing Showcase 2 as stated many times and im gone for good...i happy ive taken this as far as I wish to

Get over it guys people thank me as they enjoy CoinOPS and the attention to detail they might not even notice the jelousy and stupidy of people has grown to me just letting my attention to detail do the talking, you should find any unknown bugs. Sorry I couldnt fix everything or find someone who could I have tried for a long time and taken further than I thought I would....im happy to help but its not wanted so ill hand over Showcase 2 and leave it at that. My name isnt on it and it wont take to long before no one knows who did it. And hopefully someone will do something better or take the sources to a new level. I have one last thread soon for my Final Show curtain id recommend it if you a mame head...you wont need to know to much about mame.

Dont worry guys time is fast clocking down to 2010 ;)

PS ill be closing the thread soon due to usual trollers if trolling keeps happening but pm fum B) take care guys.... Showcase 2 is close ill just decide what goes in and what is binned and do an end to end test....release and im gone B)

load of rubbish with iq patchs there wouldnt be r4

Anyways ill be releaseing Showcase 2 as stated many times and im gone for good...i happy ive taken this as far as I wish to

Get over it guys people thank me as they enjoy CoinOPS and the attention to detail they might not even notice....im happy to help but its not wanted so ill hand over Showcase 2 and leave it at that. My name isnt on it and it wont take to long before no one knows who did it. And hopefully someone will do something better or take the sources to a new level.

Dont worry guys time is fast clocking down to 2010 ;)

PS ill be closing the thread soon due to useal trollers but pm fum B) take care guys.... Showcase 2 is close ill just decide what goes in and what is binned and do an end to end test....release and im gone B)

So you take credit for other peoples work, run away claiming to be "gone for good", but yet you just can't stay away when someone else is contributing something can you?

I dont get how coinops was dead, but you still work "so painstakingkly hard" on it. More like working hard to get other people to support it for you with their contributions, given willingly or stolen outright.

You did something HORRIBLE for the Xbox Scene BP. You are trying to drive away all the really talented developers. You are basically saying you did this just out of jealousy and selfishness, now you're running away hoping people forget about it. Yeah noobs will come around after time has passed, look at this app with other peoples work and credit you for it. Like I said, no talented developer will show up on the Xbox scene and push it with any innovation as long as you are around to take their work fresh out of the oven. This move was not cool no matter how you try to spin it.

I cannot support you this time BP. I was wondering why people were bashing you before and I wanted everyone to leave you alone, but now I feel like a blind man who has been given sight. If there is anyone out there who cannot see the long term damage this short term "update" will cause in the end, then they will find out when it's too late.

Good luck BP.

its been discussed to death here and else where, it was even discussed with the releaser today as he bowing out as well after years and years and knows Showcase 2 is it .... get over it I...lots will love it and it will be over....im gone so talent people will soon be back to help you guys out lol (I hope im wrong actually though)

Best of luck to my haters and espically to Showcase lovers there are some big time haters here of you lovers ;) but I know by the Downloads its all worth it, the threads posts and interest show that it is.

PS I dont need your support deadc you are coming in with little knoweldge CoinOPS side, I know that I see your side and in part agree with it but it is what it is....there other stuff to do now

anyways the threads dead sorry guys just grab it from the usual places B)

I know that I see your side and in part agree with it but it is what it is....there other stuff to do now

So that's your justification? "it is what it is"? You are stealing the work from an active developer (one of the only Xbox developers left) and passing it off as your work. Not to mention it's only been out 5 weeks and still being worked on, but "it is what it is"?

Why should I (or any other developer) do any work for the Xbox community knowing you are just waiting to steal it? That was a very poor move on your part. I hope the Xbox community doesn't let you forget it.

Ill 100 percent promise you ill never touch your code again...if you want credit give me any text file that makes sense and ill add it...your name will be the only credit then in the EMU.

I promise you 100 percent after Showcase 2 your free to take over and lead im sick of this shit anyways ;)

I know your a skilled man I would have worked together to move things forward, I know theres no chance of that sadly.....but im fine and I dont have any regrets...you guys are the new way forward I recommend not looking to far back and just move things forward. My days will soon be forgotten and you can use any sources and get credit I dont really care to tell the truth...Best of luck

PS final note the inserted fb core is 99.999 percent nes6502 it is released separately all I did was a launcher as his code was easy to insert into CoinOPS just post a text file with the rom name and launch the emulator. Its really just a commandline launcher I added there is alot more in R4 than that.

Though I'm not a CoinOPS user myself, I've always followed its development with interest, particularly since iq_132's new drivers started going in. I don't see a problem with incorporating cores of long-dead emulators whose developers have left the scene but using an active developer's code without their express consent and involvement is definitely wrong. You seem to acknowledge this since you say the FB core will be removed from your next release. You made a mistake, and then corrected it so that's that.

I really don't see why you constantly feel the need to abandon and revive your project over these small forum issues. I feel sorry for users that love CoinOPS and have to check this forum every day to see what mood you're in and whether there's going to be another release or not. Either you want to work on it and the appreciation of those that enjoy it is enough to keep you going, or you don't in which case just quit it once and for all and turn your mind to other things entirely.

ive planned for months as said many times to leave on Showcase 2 my last curtain call....final burn core was abandoned by nes for Final burn legends and he said it will no longer be worked on. Ive given people the tools to add any other cores and launch them I dont see the issue if people insert the cores its up to them.

so as stated many times for many months ill release one final build and that time is close.... ill post one last thread about the release in a week or 2 +T+ I know they come looking etc...but ill lock the release thread on the first post just its out will do as its not worth the random threads it will attract its up to others what they want to do with it....

Anyways its out now I dont have any issues with it or the product I helped create I use it daily and will love it for along time <_<