Final Burn Legends 1.1

nes6502

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when are you coming out of retirement then Kenshiro ?

??

Edit: i have a question to those who have a Xbox with 128 of RAM (and keep the original Xbox CPU). Which is the speed of the CPS3 games? I'm just curious. Thanks.

Edited by - kenshiro -

All the controls can be configured including the coin button. Not sure what you mean by "menu" button, but the button that starts the emulation menu can also be configured.

Install Windows Media Encoder

Then this will batch convert a directory of avi's to wmv.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YXB3T7GC

Taken from here: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=660135

Thanks for the batch! Thats perfect. The other programs I had been using either converted the audio incorrectly for wmv2xmv or crapped out on me after 400 vids. We'll see if this does avi to wmv in one shot.

The button configuration is still confusing me. I understand that I can set the buttons for each individual game in the emulation menu and they save for that specific game, but is there a way to set buttons for all the games at once? For example, I'd like the Coin button for all games be the Left Analog Click. Or, could I change all the games that use the Black button to use the Right Trigger instead?

And heres something I've been looking for for a long time: An xbox arcade emulator with a rotated skin that I can set up for a rotated screen that will work with frosty's VGA bios. MameOX and its variants do NOT work with the VGA bios (with the exception of coinops, but the rotated build was half finished)

Damn, after re-reading thats alot to ask for. I wish I could code, I'm really just a musician with an xbox\arcade hobby.

Update:

Got 3,106 mame avis changed to xmv. Total size came to 11 Gigs. I transferred them all to the box, they look pretty good plus the one folder covers all of FBL and Coinops (Parent Sets at least). The one exception is that all the vertical games weren't cropped from the start and they all have black bars on either side. I can deal with that I guess. By the way, Vista sucks! The batch file never worked because of a Vista error which I decided wasn't worth fixing. I used the demo version of Blaze Media Pro and it did a stellar job. Anyone else doing avi to wmv conversions should give it a try.

Edited by RedCapsMan

Found a significant bug:

Games affected:

Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom (and clones)

Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara (and clones)

Issue: There is no button available in the FBL controller settings to toggle through the secondary inventory. This makes it impossible to use oil, axes, arrows, or magic, etc when needed at specific times. The arcade games all had a button that allowed the player to cycle through the inventory.

These sets really need this fixed:

ddtod.zip

ddtodu.zip

ddtodj.zip

ddtodjr1.zip

ddtodur1.zip

ddsom.zip

ddsomu.zip

ddsomj.zip

ddsomur1.zip

ddsomjr1.zip

I'm really new to skinning but I've been attempting to modify some of the great skins that some of the more experienced skinners have posted. I'm really digging the Fire & Ice skin as well as FBL Heroes and I'm trying to make a combination of both. That parts going really well cuz I can mix and match the backgrounds.

The issue I'm having is that I'd like to have the movie previews and screenshots be almost full screen with the games list over the top of everything, but it seems that that layer of text is underneath and the list gets covered up. So how do I change the text layer so its on the very top? Can this be done yet? My apologies if this is something simple. The gui is just so customizable that I couldn't help playing with it.

Found a significant bug:

Games affected:

Issue: There is no button available in the FBL controller settings to toggle through the secondary inventory. This makes it impossible to use oil, axes, arrows, or magic, etc when needed at specific times. The arcade games all had a button that allowed the player to cycle through the inventory.

ddtod.zip

ddtodu.zip

ddtodj.zip

ddtodjr1.zip

ddtodur1.zip

ddsom.zip

ddsomu.zip

ddsomj.zip

ddsomur1.zip

ddsomjr1.zip

Unfortunately the word "Select" is almost always used for DIP switches, adding credits, or something like that. Those games have a control called "P1 Select". It's under Arcade Settings for all controllers. I guess those games are the exception. It's not intuitive but you can change the item by going to Arcade Settings and picking P1 Select to cycle the item menu.

Found a significant bug:

Games affected:

ddtod.zip

ddtodu.zip

ddtodj.zip

ddtodjr1.zip

ddtodur1.zip

ddsom.zip

ddsomu.zip

ddsomj.zip

ddsomur1.zip

ddsomjr1.zip

Unfortunately the word "Select" is almost always used for DIP switches, adding credits, or something like that. Those games have a control called "P1 Select". It's under Arcade Settings for all controllers. I guess those games are the exception. It's not intuitive but you can change the item by going to Arcade Settings and picking P1 Select to cycle the item menu.

Thanks for the reply.

Though it's a little cumbersome compared to the arcade games, it's better than nothing so this will work for now. But I take it you will take care of this in the next release, along with Forgotten Worlds/Lost Worlds 2P rotary controls. <_<

Again, thanks for this EPIC piece of work.

Edited by neoryu

A quick simple skin till i finish the one im working on.

mockup.png

Thats pretty hot right there. Are you going to make one for us lowly SDTV users too? It'd be pretty sweet to get the marquees to change along with the videos instead of the screenshots at the bottom, but I guess that would mean putting all the marquee.pngs in the screenshots folder and resizing the window so they'd all fit somehow (I think the marquee pics are all different resolutions/shapes). I might actually give that a try...

No word on maybe changing the rombrowser's text layer to go on top of videos nes?