D-Pad Hero

ressurectionx

It was close... there are a few really excellent original homebrew games out there for different systems, but this one is the most polished and innovative I've ever seen.

Somebody at the other forum was requesting at a real cool computer based "Guitar Hero" clone called "Guitar Fun" could be ported to the box. The general feeling is yes, theoretically. It would require some awesome person who didn't drink a majority of their braincells away like me to code it though. :(

Anyways.... my reply to that thread was "The closest I get to Guitar Hero on my Box is Parappa the Rappa for PSX and the excellent NES homebrew "D-Pad Hero""

It just made me think about that homebrew again and I wanted it to be known that with all my rediculous testing of games on most major consoles/handhelds supported that I really thought this effort stood out above the rest and you should all check it out.

http://www.dpadhero.com/Home.html

Here's the video for it.... It's really awesome.

Edited by ressurectionx

dpad hero is my hero.

after getting all the xtras the accompanying roms from snesorama it was the 1st or second game i found and fell in love with. at first i didnt know it was a homebrew and it was blowing my mind. shoulda known.

is there only the 4 songs for it?

It works perfectly for me. I only play games on the XBox unless I'm making some crappy videos on my own.

It is a NES game though, not an SNES game, so it will not work with ZSNESXBox. You will need to use Mendafenx_NES.

Oh... and as far as I know there are only the 4 songs included. Hopefully they expand on that someday. :rolleyes:

Edited by ressurectionx

Yeah that could also saved atari alright XDDDD. It is amazing to see these things in the emu/homebrew world. A more modern idea translated to a platform in the past: It works and looks really well.

Ah, well, talking about all the ifs and whens is daydreaming at the end of the day. Lucky us that can we see these things...

2 very nice picks, resx.