Xbox Legacy fat pad Hack

Garcimak

Hi, so what is the value of the resistor to use and where does it go? I read over the posts, but its not 100% clear. (Or I'm not noticing at least) :)

Thanks!

It's on Spinal's scheme from my above post, when taking signal from pointed area,

use 6x 4.7K resistor for A - B - X - Y - WHITE - BLACK

and 4x 33 Ohm for U - D - L - R direction button,

Leaving BACK and START as it is (direct GND contact)

I glued those resistor within the DB-15/25 socket.

I guess I just don't understand why you would need the resistors in the first place.

The way this works is that you are creating a bridge between an XBOX controller and, for example, a NES pad. If you break it down, its basically a wire bridge to each button: XBOX 'A' – WIRE (via DB-15) – NES 'A'

There is no 'power' from the NES pad, so I'm not sure how anything could be burned out. However, I'm not an expert with electronics or anything, so maybe I'm missing something. :)

Hi, so what is the value of the resistor to use and where does it go? I read over the posts, but its not 100% clear. (Or I'm not noticing at least) :)

Thanks!

It's on Spinal's scheme from my above post, when taking signal from pointed area,

use 6x 4.7K resistor for A - B - X - Y - WHITE - BLACK

and 4x 33 Ohm for U - D - L - R direction button,

Leaving BACK and START as it is (direct GND contact)

I glued those resistor within the DB-15/25 socket.

I guess I just don't understand why you would need the resistors in the first place.

The way this works is that you are creating a bridge between an XBOX controller and, for example, a NES pad. If you break it down, its basically a wire bridge to each button: XBOX 'A' – WIRE (via DB-15) – NES 'A'

There is no 'power' from the NES pad, so I'm not sure how anything could be burned out. However, I'm not an expert with electronics or anything, so maybe I'm missing something. :)

Of course there's no power from external pad, it's just the tension going trough resistor when you close circuit this way,

You can check yourself the resistance between the indicated solder point and ground on the gamepad board...

If you are still undecided, just don't do it. :)