DVD +R or DVD -R

Californiadad

DVD-R. I had a long run of mostly good burns with Datawrite Yellows a while back, only getting a dud every so often, however on reflection the read times of said burnt DVDs were sometimes not great. Recently I've had a run of back luck with Verbatim printable tops. Not sure what's going on with the Verbatims, some will burn and play perfectly, with much better read times than the Datawrites, but for some of them they'll burn the image fine, and XBMC will read the DVDs, but when it comes to lauching the game the xbox resets. Very odd, and very annoying. I hate having to throw DVDs away. Buy whatever brand you trust and see what happens.

It really depends on the drive. Mine will only read +r. Just have to try a few different ones to find what work for you drive.

That's odd. Writable media is such a fickle thing.

I run all my games off the hard drive now coz I didn't like the poor load times of some of my burnt games, and I also didn't like how some orignals spin constantly really loudly. My orignal copy of Hitman Blood Money does that, always spinning and louder than normal. Annoyed the hell out of me so I copied it over and never used the original disc again. But it's good to have working backups of all your games, in case the worst happens.

• 2 months later...

on my old xbox that had a samsung it could read everything... :)

sold that 3yrs ago and got this other one that has a...

philips... :)

just got ths chills writing that.

it can barely read real xbox dvd's.