SSF v0.11 Alpha R2 Released Today

VT-Vincent

SSF has been updated to version v0.11 Alpha R2. Below is a translation of the change log:

-SCSP was changed from single-precision floating-point double-precision floating-point processing of sound generation.

-State saves data changed version.

-DirectDraw support stopped.

-Fixed a bug that failed to get full-screen resolution.

-Internal division of the sound buffer 1 / 2 has been changed.

Author's Homepage: http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~phantasy/ssf/index.html

Source: http://www.vtemulation.net/forums/index.ph...entry2188

Edited by VT-Vincent

Updated the original post :) - I have to admit, I'm very impressed with this release and I'm glad to see that things are finally shaping up for the Saturn. I was toying with it last night and I actually snagged some gameplay footage of this version in action:

- Bug!

-

-

-

-

The official system requirements are actually quite low, it only needs a processor with SSE2 and 512MB of DDR memory. Last night I had it running at full speed with bi-linear filtering turned on easily with the following specs:

Core 2 Duo E6300

2GB of RAM

GeForce 7900GS 256MB

While the few games I threw at it ran quite well, compatibility is bound to be hit-or-miss due to how complex the platform was and the fact a few components are still not fully emulated. I saw minor glitching on the background in Bug! and Saturn Bomberman actually managed to crash the emulator. On the plus side though, the games that did run correctly were excellent.

Have any of you even tested this build? im recieving an error over here.

EDIT

Nevermind, i solved it.

... By installing DirectX11 of course ! ! ! (this can help other friends).

Actually it just needs a DirectX End-User Runtime update. But, if DX11 worked for you, glad to hear on your behalf.

Edited by LoRd_SnOw

I love the "Mesh Translucent" option ! This is exactly what was needed by The SegaSaturn in the old years, the argument against Saturn when the Playstation lovers talked about their favourite console. (aaaah, this was a good time for videogames).

THEEEE best Saturn emulator by far :)

But I will be bitchy and have one negative say about SSF.

That being the game save data not being compatible from previous versions of SSF, everytime a new version is released. Unless that's all now changed?/ I'm doing something wrong. Well I'm sure it's all for good reason in order to progress the emulator....... I'll just remember not to power up for days on Radiant Silvergun until the game saves are stable enough to use for future SSF releases :D

Anyhow all games I've tried so far have played perfect using the highest settings option. Very nice emulator!

Edited by chichi