Retro purchases?

VT-Vincent

The 32X was pretty cool though, I had one as well. Some of those games where massively improved for the 32X. I remember the gamecom. I always thought it was weird that it was supposed to be this portable online system yet you needed to buy this bigass modem bigger than the already huge handheld to go online. I never ended up getting one because even when it was new I thought it looked like a glorified pocket organizer. (Where we calling them PDAs yet?) Although I remember seeing Duke Nukem on it and being like HOLY CRAP, DUKE NUKEM IN MY POCKET!

As far as wario games go though, you need to play the gameboy versions. They are some of my favorite gameboy games.

I just wanted a 32x for doom some of the flagship games I saw over the years pissed me off cause i could never have them, untill I saw power stone on the dreamcast thats right I got a job got my dreamcast then quit! win!

The 32X was pretty cool though, I had one as well. Some of those games where massively improved for the 32X. I remember the gamecom. I always thought it was weird that it was supposed to be this portable online system yet you needed to buy this bigass modem bigger than the already huge handheld to go online. I never ended up getting one because even when it was new I thought it looked like a glorified pocket organizer. (Where we calling them PDAs yet?) Although I remember seeing Duke Nukem on it and being like HOLY CRAP, DUKE NUKEM IN MY POCKET!

Yeah, I thought the whole idea of trying to put the thing online was bizarre. As I recall, it only supported their official modem as well as ancient v14.4k modems as well (which even by that time, were far, far behind the curve) via a parallel connection to their dial up kit. If you could manage to get the thing online, you could look forward to text-based browsing and extremely crippled email. I remember the biggest disappointment I had with it though was the screen - the used the cheapest calculator screen they could which had an awful refresh rate.

In retrospect though, it's kind of interesting to see that all of the Game.Com's ideas did eventually come to fruition. To the best of my knowledge, it was the first online-capable touchscreen portable. Now, we have the Nintendo DS doing exactly what Tiger tried except in a much more refined form.

As far as wario games go though, you need to play the gameboy versions. They are some of my favorite gameboy games.

I actually liked Wario Land 1 (Super Mario Land 3) a lot as well as the GBA Wario Land 4, but for some reason I could never really get into 2 and 3. The Virtual Boy game was really one of my highlights for the platform though, if I were to buy one back I think that is the one game I'd look forward to the most.