Pictures displaying in poor quality?

emsley

Just about everything I see is really poor quality my pc is fully uptodate drivers etc

All the pictures are comign up grainy even full size ones whats going on? ;)

Edit: I just tried another browser, google chrome and its still sucking.

Edit: Its also saying when I float my mouse over a picture that "Shift+R" Improves this picture. And "Shift+A" Improves all the pictures on this page.

Emsley, it sounds like your color depth may be set to a low setting. It should be set to 16-bit color or higher. You can check what it is currently set to and adjust it here:

On Windows XP:

Cick Start > Control Panel > Apparance and Themes > Change the screen resolution

(Will be listed under Color Quality)

On Windows Vista:

Click Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personalization > Display Settings

On Windows 7:

Click Start > Control Panel > Adjust screen resolution > Advanced Settings > Monitor tab

(Will be listed under Color)

If it will not let you change it, this is a sign that your video card driver is not installed correctly. You'll want to check it in the device manager and re-download it if needed.

Lastly, if it is already set to 16-bit color or higher, there is either a software issue going on or a bad connection between the monitor and PC. A good way to determine which it is would be to take a screenshot and post it here. If we can see it too, that means it's a software issue. If not, it's a connection issue.

Emsley, it sounds like your color depth may be set to a low setting. It should be set to 16-bit color or higher. You can check what it is currently set to and adjust it here:

On Windows XP:

Cick Start > Control Panel > Apparance and Themes > Change the screen resolution

On Windows Vista:

Click Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personalization > Display Settings

On Windows 7:

Click Start > Control Panel > Adjust screen resolution > Advanced Settings > Monitor tab

(Will be listed under Color)

If it will not let you change it, this is a sign that your video card driver is not installed correctly. You'll want to check it in the device manager and re-download it if needed.

Lastly, if it is already set to 16-bit color or higher, there is either a software issue going on or a bad connection between the monitor and PC. A good way to determine which it is would be to take a screenshot and post it here. If we can see it too, that means it's a software issue. If not, it's a connection issue.

Thank you for the post but , here is the but !

Its got something to do with a wireless connection and the bandwidth it attempts to save.

Smart image dithering

i turned it off in the advanced options but its still doing it!

Ah, I see. I take it you're on a cellular connection? If that's the case I would search for anything speed and/or compression related in your ISP's wireless manager software and disable it. I've seen this type of technology used before with one of our carriers here - Verizon has this enabled by default on their wireless manager software.

Edited by VT-Vincent

i tried dude, all I have managed to do is turn of the annoying "Hold shift+A" Stuff.

And yeah im on a cellular connection in England we call them dongles ;)

i ain't got a clue now pal. ;)

That would probably help o2 are actually pretty good when you get through to them, but i just borrowed this dongle mine is getting topped up tomorrow hopefully the image issue wont transfer to mine.

Or I think it might be some kind of conflicting issue.

Ah, that's good to hear... the two big companies in my area, as well as all of the cellular companies suck completely. Luckily, I managed to get a fiber connection from a local ISP. Since they are small, they actually care if their customers leave or stay.