Yet another hijacked thread

sbpaabck

Hey NES don't fall for the bait. This thread isn't about which emulator is better if you guys wanna discuss that pls start your own thread and please note I don't want any part of it!

This thread here is for a list of games that aren't available on either FBA, FB, or COINOPS. If no-one can provide such a list only the name of the makers then lets just forget about it eh, really can't be arsed with another slagging match. More than anything else its childish. And it makes me think ppl must be so obsessed with this stuff as to be maybe slightly autistic.

jeez im outta here what a pile of shite!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean what I say really...its not hate. Its what I see...I knew it would get a response but it is what it is.

FBL is better for speed of loading large games

new games with filters

1080i

it has a few new games that arent supported else where they are the Final Burn games (powerdrift,thunderblade,abcop,galaxy force 2 etc) sbq I havent really found any others

and for sure so in alot of ways I guess you can say its much better....but I stand by what I say and is what I see in my tests, as you guys see stuff much diff thats all good.

....debugging tools is fps...and min/max frames persecond

*Sigh*

Since this thread evolved into exactly what I knew it would, I will just say that after spending a tremendous amount of time with the original FBA-XXX and Pro derivatives for so long, it is painfully obvious that FBL blows both away. The emulation is more accurate, the GUI is an amazing leap forward, the built-in cheat database for all games is marvelous, the entire emulator itself is much more stable, the HDtv support with filters is dramatically improved, I could go on and on.....and on.

My personal friends can attest that I literally grew up in arcades -- that's where the stork dropped me off. :) These games are my legacy and I'm very aware of what should be what with the games FBL supports especially. Compared to the other emulators I have on my xbox, I can clearly tell that the games in FBL have superior emulation compared to any previous versions of FBA. FBL makes all of the older versions obsolete in my personal opinion, solely on how it runs the games. At the end of the day, the games are why I'm even interested in these emulators at all, CoinOps included. If a new version wasn't up to snuff in this area, I would most definitely say so regardless of who's working on the project.

As far as Mame on the Xbox is concerned, it's MAME on the Xbox. Final Burn is Final Burn. For as long as any kind of FBA exists on the XBOX, I will be using it to run CPS1, CPS2, Neogeo, Sega, Psikyo, Cave, and Toaplan based games. Nothing else can run those games as well.

One example someone could use against FBL is the slowdown in ESPrade. Like Metal Slug 2, that slight slowdown is accurate to the arcade version, which FBL is more faithful to. But unfortunately the slowdown and stuttering in CoinOps for many CPS2 games isn't accurate or faithful to the arcade hardware. There are more cases than that where it's better to use FBL. The R3 version of CoinOps (my personal fav version of MAME due to its HD support) is worth having around for the games that FBL doesn't support. R3 Showcase ended with a bang in my opinion. It was a good stopping point for CoinOps, as Night Slashers and Osman were added for those who really wanted to see them added.

FBL clearly is the best version of FBA on the Xbox (and best Xbox emulator period in my honest opinion). FBA-XXX Pro was my fav before, but FBL takes it to another level starting from it's core. The emulator core is updated, the drivers are updated, the romsets are no longer ancient, the HDtv support has been updated, the GUI is updated -- I just call it the way I see it. FBL's just got a lot going for it with such a polished first release. The talented people behind it bodes well for it's future and the Xbox scene in general.

It comes down to personal preference. We aren't going to have one emulator that does everything better than the apps which are dedicated to handling more specific tasks. We also aren't going to have an FBA on the Xbox that runs all of MAME's games. That was never the point.

Unfortunately, this topic was flamebait from the very first message and it has followed it's natural progression. Stuff like this is why I have so few posts in 3+ yrs here. I see no lack of appreciation for either emulator; and it really isn't even a comparison with a leveled playing field in the first place. In summation, I think most users can truly appreciate both apps. So this dispute is useless. I hope the thread starter can find the answers he seeks through all of the garbage in his way. Now if only we could get this thread closed. :1st:

Edited by neoryu

Nice reply there nes...good job. ^_^

As expected, the thread was hijacked...not at all suprising really.

Keep up your good work nes, you are a true developer. :(

Though I don't mean to perpetuate this, I can say one thing for sure: nes6502 is not one to be trifled with. His recent reply is clear evidence that he walks softly but carries a big stick. Perhaps cannon would be more appropriate. :eek::D

It's a fact that he knows what he's doing in all facets and his track record speaks for itself. We are all really blessed to have him.

Edited by neoryu

who was it again who wanted to play riot on the xbox???

well anyway they can play it on final burn legends and a good game it is to.....takes a bit of getting used to with attacks coming from the front and the back but loving it at the moment.

just my observations its nothing personal..... Its good to see everyone has an opinion as I knew you all would, most stuff I probably even agree with. I still know what I see in tests and will use Final Burn alot for sure and maybe FBL or FBAxxx for CPS2 mainly (although mostly CPS2 plays OKish for me but it doesnt run as well). In honesty ive got nothing to fight over im just a regular smuck putting in what I see and the way I see it...it means nothing but personally I know what ill mainly be playing and the reasons why and im just one person. I actually do like that you see it differently and are passionate about it.... one persons opinion means nothing really