Yet another hijacked thread

sbpaabck

A list of games that FBL does better? what do you think that means..better than a monkey dancing to micheal jackson? hmmmm maybe someone needs stuff defined more clearly, it goes further than CoinOPS but not much further id say

But ill admit I did "A list of games that FBL does better"...than CoinOPS as thats what im checking you can check them against what you want really

also after testing 100s and 100s of games ive reached the end of my tests for personal benifits really...I now have my own informed option im sure you guys will work out "Games that run especially well on FBL, A list of games that FBL does better" just offering some help into this. So I have done my research if sbp wants my opion PM me if not all is good

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A list of games that FBL does better? what do you think that means..better than a monkey dancing to micheal jackson? hmmmm maybe someone needs stuff defined more clearly, it goes further than CoinOPS but not much further id say

But ill admit I did "A list of games that FBL does better"...than CoinOPS as thats what im checking you can check them against what you want really

also after testing 100s and 100s of games ive reached the end of my tests for personal benifits really...I now have my own informed option im sure you guys will work out "Games that run especially well on FBL, A list of games that FBL does better" just offering some help into this. So I have done my research if sbp wants my opion PM me if not all is good

Would you care to post or PM said list? I have no idea what the CPS1, CPS2, NeoGeo, Cave, Psykio, Toaplan, Most Konami games are? I wasn;t inclined to research it either so was hoping someone would actually LIST the names of games that are worth bothering with that I don't already have running. I never played these games in the arcade so ppl either have to tell me or I have to research. Since ppl have already played or researched them I thought this would be easy enough.

NES's answer was sufficient but without someone saying "hey man this games is cool, why don't you try it?" I think i'll just use the sega games I already got. They are pretty cool...

Yo Cos,

"shadow dancer" runs better in COINOPS, same thing for "shinobi","double dragon1" (you knew that) and also "gunsmoke" a lot of game from the "others" section in fact, they are slow and choppy

now all the neo geo,psykyo, cps1 and cps2 runs better in fba legends (even dragon blaze runs smooth in 720p with filters, excellent)

was going to say not even esprade runs as well now as it used to in FBAxxx (CoinOPS now has faster frame rate than FBL but both are surpassed by FBAxxx)... but hey thats only the tip of the iceburg form my tests. Maybe others see stuff differently and ill let them see that I only used a few tools to test FPS

and here we go...there is alot FBL doesnt do that used to work in FBAxxx like screens rotation with the keys and only for vert games... and I cant tell the diff using debuger frame rate for CPS2 or CPS1 or NeoGeo speedwise maybe others say its smoother but I dont see it on any tests. It plays alot more games, although lots of them to me are buggy, or laggy compaired to Mame and it seems to only support about 1/5 of the parent games Mame does. It does offer a few more options in some ways alough it removes some very usefull ones from FBAxxx. It has some cool games added like powerdrift (this is awsome for sure) it plays pysko games better than any other emu thats the basis of my findings.

Im now testing it vs FBAxxx as well due to it seems that EMU has the heads up in race for alot of games that I test.

anyways this is silly for me to get into I know the risks....

as for a new build ... no time soon and in truth I actually hoped for something diff than FBL, Final Burn emu is more useable for my own personal requirements and a great achievement....for my benifit it hardly plays anything apart from FBAxxx stuff and that has allways been been better than CoinOPS in fact alot of stuff that works on FBAxxx is worse now. If you play arcade games alot thought the years there is only one way to enjoy most games ever made and thats MAME there are just 1000s of games missing and 100s and 100s of great games missing and no matter what I cant ever get over that fact so anything non mame will allways be secondary to me, its fine if its not to you guys to me it allways will be.

you guys that PM really should stand up for yourselves :) PMs are not the place to talk about your findings I know people think your wrong here and will voice it but hey you only live once speak up or forever hold your peace.....I cant help you guys

I'm loving FBL at the moment, the only weird thing I noticed is that daraku tenshi runs perfect in coinops on my 1.4g box, but not very well in fbl (although it works much better in fbl on a normal xbox?) optimisations i guess?

@ BP, I love coinops aswell, but does it have to be a competition? :1st: I still have coinops, fbl, final burn and even fba-xxx pro (2 versions!) on my xbox. there doesnt even need to be one "ultimate" emulator.

I'm eagerly awaiting showcase 2 though :)

I'm loving FBL at the moment, the only weird thing I noticed is that daraku tenshi runs perfect in coinops on my 1.4g box, but not very well in fbl (although it works much better in fbl on a normal xbox?) optimisations i guess?

@ BP, I love coinops aswell, but does it have to be a competition? :sparring: I still have coinops, fbl, final burn and even fba-xxx pro (2 versions!) on my xbox. there doesnt even need to be one "ultimate" emulator.

I'm eagerly awaiting showcase 2 though :)

Agreed, each emulator brings a bit of diversity to the table and that can only be a good thing :1st:

you guys that PM really should stand up for yourselves :) PMs are not the place to talk about your findings I know people think your wrong here and will voice it but hey you only live once speak up or forever hold your peac

Good point. I'll go first.

was going to say not even esprade runs as well now as it used to in FBAxxx (CoinOPS now has faster frame rate than FBL but both are surpassed by FBAxxx)...

What are you talking about? It runs at a solid 60 FPS with Filters in 1080i. That's called perfection. I can't even run 1941 in CoinOps with Filters in 480i and get 60 FPS.

but hey thats only the tip of the iceburg form my tests. Maybe others see stuff differently and ill let them see that I only used a few tools to test FPS

What "tools" are you talking about? There's only one "tool". That's called the FPS display. You enable it and watch the number stay at 59.9 the entire time on FBL. There's your result. In fact you'll get that result in 90% of the games FBL plays with those settings.

and here we go...there is alot FBL doesnt do that used to work in FBAxxx like screens rotation with the keys and only for vert games...

That's one example and a poor one. That feature was virtually useless unless people were rotating their TVs. What are all the other examples of how FBA-XXX is better? Is it the kludge of a GUI? Is it how half the games crash when starting or quitting in 1080i? Is it the slow browsing with screenshots?

Mame and it seems to only support about 1/5 of the parent games Mame does.

Of course it doesn't. It's not MAME. It's a highly specific emulator.

It does offer a few more options in some ways alough it removes some very usefull ones from FBAxxx.

Such as?

Im now testing it vs FBAxxx as well due to it seems that EMU has the heads up in race for alot of games that I test.

anyways this is silly for me to get into I know the risks....

The risks? You mean you might actually realize the following?

That I am an actual developer. I'm not a graphic artist who ripped off other peoples work (by fixing a few bugs) and calling the emulator my own (CoinOPS)?

You also might realize that releasing an emulator as 10 GB torrent full of ROMS is bad form?

Or maybe you'll realize that no one cares about all those stupid polls or "which is better" threads you get so caught up in.

for my benifit it hardly plays anything apart from FBAxxx stuff and that has allways been been better than CoinOPS in fact alot of stuff that works on FBAxxx is worse now.

So basically you are saying CoinOps is the best. FBA-XXX is 2nd. And FBL is a distant third? You really think FBA-XXX is even 1/10th as good as FBL? lol. You really don't like my emulator at all do you? I guess I can't blame you. FBL is such a breath of fresh air compared to FBA-XXX and CoinOPS, no wonder people like it so much. It must eat you up. But then again, how do you expect to compete with an actual developer? I'm not a graphic artist who hacks someone else's work and calls it my own. I did FBL from scratch. And I've only just begun.