Getting a PS3

Agozer

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In somewhat related news, I'm planning to get a PS3 Slim this Christmas.

Congratulation! You should start hunting for those PS3 exclusives. Uncharted Drake Fortune, MGS4 (if you're a fan, just to have a closure), Siren (quite good, but I sucked in this game :) ) GOW Collection (unless you have play GOW 1 & 2 to death) should keep your time until GOWIII, FFXIII, GT5 came out.

In somewhat related news, I'm planning to get a PS3 Slim this Christmas.

Great! Can't wait to add you to my friends list! May I make a few suggestions on exclusives?

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Resistance: Fall of Man

Resistance 2

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Heavenly Sword

Heavy Rain (2010)

God of War Collection

God of War III (2010)

Final Fantasy Vs. XIII (2010?)

Killzone 2

inFamous

The Last Guardian (2010)

I bought MGS4 for $32, considering how the game goes, it being on the 360 would make no since, some of the dialogue would be completely out of place, play the game and beat it to find out what I mean.

I like the part where they talk about the Blu-ray. :)

I bought MGS4 for $32, considering how the game goes, it being on the 360 would make no since, some of the dialogue would be completely out of place, play the game and beat it to find out what I mean.

I like the part where they talk about the Blu-ray. :)

That's exactly what I was talking about earlier. You'd have to change quite a bit, and take out a lot as well just to port this game over. Me thinks it would cost too much. Hell, a second edition was never even done for this game it was so complete when it first came out. M$ would have to pay a lot of money to both Sony and Apple to get this game over to the 360.

I'm personally waiting for early 2010 because of God of War III, Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Final Fantasy XIII. Also, the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia, if only Namco Bandai would stop being a bitch and make a proper announcement of the NA/EU release (and you know, the game sold ridiculous amounts of copies on it's first day in Japan). I have already bought DMC4 and Prince of Persia, so that I have something to play when I get the console.

The only real problem is my Internet connection, or rather, my cable modem box and the Ethernet cable are located in such a place that it's going to take a bit of sweat, a switch and more Ethernet cable if I ever want to put that console online.

EDIT: Is the 250GB model already out?

I'm personally waiting for early 2010 because of God of War III, Star Ocean: The Last Hope <International> and Final Fantasy XIII. Also, the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia, if only Namco Bandai would stop being a bitch and make a proper announcement of the NA/EU release (and you know, the game sold ridiculous amounts of copies on it's first day in Japan). I have already bought DMC4 and Prince of Persia, so that I have something to play when I get the console.

The only real problem is my Internet connection, or rather, my cable modem box and the Ethernet cable are located in such a place that it's going to take a bit of sweat, a switch and more Ethernet cable if I ever want to put that console online.

Yep, the 250GB is out. I think it is bundled with few games, like Tekken 6.

I'm personally waiting for early 2010 because of God of War III, Star Ocean: The Last Hope <International> and Final Fantasy XIII. Also, the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia, if only Namco Bandai would stop being a bitch and make a proper announcement of the NA/EU release (and you know, the game sold ridiculous amounts of copies on it's first day in Japan). I have already bought DMC4 and Prince of Persia, so that I have something to play when I get the console.

Don't even bother getting the 250GB model. I bought the 120GB model and upgraded the HDD to 500GB for only $80. Ordered the HDD from Newegg, really great site!

Edited by Gouken

Don't even bother getting the 250GB model. I bought the 120GB model and upgraded the HDD to 500GB for only $80. Ordered the HDD from Newegg, really great site!

Did you open up your PS3 and swap in the new drive or did you buy an external HDD? I'm not that worried about HDD space though, I think I would be ok with just the 120GB model. We'll see.