Final Burn Legends 1.0

nes6502

Found a more significant bug:

Game - Marvel VS Capcom and clones: mvsc.zip, etc.

Issue - Strider Hiryu's ending causes the emulator to crash.

Details - After KOing Onslaught with Strider Hiryu, the Final Burn Legends screensaver comes up and stays there until you press a button. Then a message appears that reads "Final Burn alpha crashed. This rom or cheat code is not supported. Press A to exit"

I have no cheats enabled for the game and I have not altered mvsc's cheats in the dat. Tried this several times to confirm.

My settings are:

720P

Hardware filter - Bilinear

Software filter - Simple2X

Flicker and Soften filters off

Sound

Low pass = off

Sample interpolation = Linear

FM interpolation = Enabled

Does the screen saver appear every time? Does it crash as soon as the screen saver disappears? If so, can you edit the ini and set the screen saver time to something like 30 (that will delay it by 30 minutes) and try it again? Can you delete your D:\config\mvsc.ini first before testing it again? If it still crashes, can you post a savestate?

The screen saver doesn't appear in every case. I changed the screen saver time to 30 anyway just in case.

What happens is, the crash message pops up as soon as the Staff Credits screen appears after killing Onslaught. This affects the parent rom only (mvsc.zip) and I've recently discovered that it happens with all characters, not just Strider. I deleted the config\mvsc.ini and it still crashes. I find it strange that the clones do not have this issue. I'll post a savestate if this info doesn't help, nes.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a more significant bug:

Game - Marvel VS Capcom and clones: mvsc.zip, etc.

Issue - Strider Hiryu's ending causes the emulator to crash.

Details - After KOing Onslaught with Strider Hiryu, the Final Burn Legends screensaver comes up and stays there until you press a button. Then a message appears that reads "Final Burn alpha crashed. This rom or cheat code is not supported. Press A to exit"

I have no cheats enabled for the game and I have not altered mvsc's cheats in the dat. Tried this several times to confirm.

My settings are:

720P

Hardware filter - Bilinear

Software filter - Simple2X

Flicker and Soften filters off

Sound

Low pass = off

Sample interpolation = Linear

FM interpolation = Enabled

Does the screen saver appear every time? Does it crash as soon as the screen saver disappears? If so, can you edit the ini and set the screen saver time to something like 30 (that will delay it by 30 minutes) and try it again? Can you delete your D:\config\mvsc.ini first before testing it again? If it still crashes, can you post a savestate?

The screen saver doesn't appear in every case. I changed the screen saver time to 30 anyway just in case.

What happens is, the crash message pops up as soon as the Staff Credits screen appears after killing Onslaught. This affects the parent rom only (mvsc.zip) and I've recently discovered that it happens with all characters, not just Strider. I deleted the config\mvsc.ini and it still crashes. I find it strange that the clones do not have this issue. I'll post a savestate if this info doesn't help, nes.

Can you post a savestate?

Edited by nes6502

Here is a Neogeo update: http://neosource.1emu.net/forums/index.php...ic=1156.new#new

Sadly (sadly for me i mean lol), at this point i can't see how i can contribute more to the arcade Xbox emulation scene :( Nes, i ported some Neogeo drivers from MAME Plus, any interest to add then in the next FBL? If not, i just wish you good luck for the future and for next FBL build, i've to say it was a pleasure to contribute to your work. Mooooo!

Can you post a savestate?

PM was sent not too long ago. It's contains two different save states.

Here is a Neogeo update: http://neosource.1emu.net/forums/index.php...ic=1156.new#new

Sadly (sadly for me i mean lol), at this point i can't see how i can contribute more to the arcade Xbox emulation scene :unsure: Nes, i ported some Neogeo drivers from MAME Plus, any interest to add then in the next FBL? If not, i just wish you good luck for the future and for next FBL build, i've to say it was a pleasure to contribute to your work. Mooooo!

I don't understand what you mean Kenshiro. Your contributions to the arcade scene for the Xbox have been amazing. :( Mooooooooo was a great contribution too, my friend. :naughty:

Decided to remove some roms I disliked from the rom folder of FBA to save some space on my HD.

Unfortunately after doing this most of my Capcom roms (street fighter / vampire saviour.. ) will no longer launch (white background - can't find rom etc.).

Haven't deleted any Capcom roms - they're all still where they should be and were all working before my ill advised tidy up.

Has anyone any ideas as to what's gone wrong?

Is there a *.zip file like neo.zip specifically for Capcom games that I may have deleted from the roms folder?

Currently tearing my already thinning hair out!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Decided to remove some roms I disliked from the rom folder of FBA to save some space on my HD.

Unfortunately after doing this most of my Capcom roms (street fighter / vampire saviour.. ) will no longer launch (white background - can't find rom etc.).

Haven't deleted any Capcom roms - they're all still where they should be and were all working before my ill advised tidy up.

Has anyone any ideas as to what's gone wrong?

Is there a *.zip file like neo.zip specifically for Capcom games that I may have deleted from the roms folder?

Currently tearing my already thinning hair out!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Not sure if this will help, but did you "refresh" your game list after deleting some games?

edit: Must have been typing at the same time as Neoryu...lol.

Edited by NEIL222

Yes tried refreshing to no avail.

Since my previous post i've:

Ended up doing a fresh install of Final Burn Legends - without changing anything I just dropped 360 roms i want to keep into the rom folder.

FTP'd to xbox - let it build the games list, but still no luck with Capcom (everything else is fine).

As it's a fresh install problem has to be with a missing zip file in roms folder - especially as it was working when I had 2050 roms?

I've just tried deleting the babe folders in C: in case this held any old info - but again to no avail!

Capcom games don't need a special rom to load like Neo Geo ones do.

Also the "babe" save you are refering to is for CoinOPS, not Final Burn Legends.

Go through your MSDASH and delete your save for Final Burn Legends in there. Then try again after a reboot.

Yes tried refreshing to no avail.

Since my previous post i've:

Ended up doing a fresh install of Final Burn Legends - without changing anything I just dropped 360 roms i want to keep into the rom folder.

FTP'd to xbox - let it build the games list, but still no luck with Capcom (everything else is fine).

As it's a fresh install problem has to be with a missing zip file in roms folder - especially as it was working when I had 2050 roms?

I've just tried deleting the babe folders in C: in case this held any old info - but again to no avail!

You need to post more information.

1) Do they not show up in the list after rebuilding or do they fail to start?

2) Did you edit the Path.ini?

3) Are all the ROMs in one folder?

4) If you edited the Path.ini, you can't split parent ROMs from clones. Parents need to be in the same folder as the clones and vice versa. For example, mvsc.zip must be in the same folder as mvscu.zip if you want the mvscu.zip to show up in the ROMs list or work.

5) Are you 100% positive there are actual capcom games in the ROMs folder?

A fresh install or deleting your save has nothing to do with what shows up in the ROMs list.