Final Burn Legends 1.0

nes6502

sorry to be a pain but I am stumped with the problem I have.

I have used clrmamepro and romcenter to audit all my roms, sorted out neogeo bios etc and in romcenter I have all green/correct files showing in the rom zip folders.

I used the .dat file that was provided earlier in the thread.

yet when I try to load a rom in FBL I get the message "ROM Error: no data found. Press "A" to exit"

I don't understand, I have even checked the zip folders manually and the files are there. What could this be?

Any and all help is MUCH appreciated at this point :P

cheers guys

edit:-

I have fixed the problem by simple moving the roms into the FBL roms folder. I had set up another path in the path.ini previous to that when I had the problems. Although my roms would show they would not load. I had set all the paths as well. Nevermind fixed now:

Edited by sbpaabck

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOSH

Has anyone uploaded a wide icon for this emulator? I have just got all my wide icons sorted now there is a gap. Monumental tragedy I know but I like my xbox to be a pretty as possible :P

Have heard mention of an icon in the making by XBOX are there any yet?

cheers...

fbl.png

I have used clrmamepro and romcenter to audit all my roms, sorted out neogeo bios etc and in romcenter I have all green/correct files showing in the rom zip folders.

yet when I try to load a rom in FBL I get the message "ROM Error: no data found. Press "A" to exit"

I don't understand, I have even checked the zip folders manually and the files are there. What could this be?

Any and all help is MUCH appreciated at this point :P

cheers guys

I have fixed the problem by simple moving the roms into the FBL roms folder. I had set up another path in the path.ini previous to that when I had the problems. Although my roms would show they would not load. I had set all the paths as well. Nevermind fixed now:

I think the problem was you didn't have a correct neogeo.zip or you didn't have the neogeo.zip with the other NeoGeo roms. I don't think it can be in a separate path. I could be wrong.

Came across a few strange issues with: Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo - USA 960620

Issue 1: I paused at the in game menu for a bit. Upon returning to the game, the game screen was jittering and my controller refused to accept any inputs. I also noticed that the audio had completely disappeared from the game. Had to do a hard reset of the emulator to do anything. I have no idea what caused this.

I can't reproduce the first issue. When you say you paused at the in game menu, do you mean the FBL one brought up by clicking the right thumb stick? Or some in game menu in the game? How long did you leave it at that menu? Did you have any cheat codes enabled?

Yes, I paused by pressing the right thumbstick to enter the menu. I left the game there maybe 60 seconds or so, then I switched control pads from a controller port and returned to the game. That's when the issue occurred. No cheat codes were enabled.

I can't reproduce the issue now, but I will delete all ini files for the game and refresh my rom list. This might have also been due to the hi score saving as well. Btw, thanks for the reply.

Any and all help is MUCH appreciated at this point :)

cheers guys

I think the problem was you didn't have a correct neogeo.zip or you didn't have the neogeo.zip with the other NeoGeo roms. I don't think it can be in a separate path. I could be wrong.

That was my first thought also however I used romcenter to make sure my neo-geo file was correct, even added 3 missing items. It all worked with the same set simply by moving it to the default roms folder. Im really happy i've got it working never managed to build a romset successfully before :)

This emualtor is great, thanks a lot nes :P I added art first of all then realised about the automatic dual pane thingy so added some vids as well. Looking very informative now so it is! Hooyar!

Edited by sbpaabck

Any and all help is MUCH appreciated at this point :)

cheers guys

That was my first thought also however I used romcenter to make sure my neo-geo file was correct, even added 3 missing items. It all worked with the same set simply by moving it to the default roms folder. Im really happy i've got it working never managed to build a romset successfully before :)

This emualtor is great, thanks a lot nes :P I added art first of all then realised about the automatic dual pane thingy so added some vids as well. Looking very informative now so it is! Hooyar!

What I mean is if you have half the Neo Geo games in one folder and half in another put the neogeo.zip file in each of them.

On another note, I got Iron Clad working and it runs great.

So far, the only bugs I've encountered are:

-The arcade settings for CPS2 games do not save when leaving a game. For example, turning on Free Play or adjusting the difficulty settings in each game's Test mode does not save the settings. The settings have to be changed again each time you load a CPS2 rom.

-No rotary control for Player 2 in Forgotten Worlds and clones. Player 1 has them.

-A random ringing sound in Metal Slug 1. This happened in Mission 1 as soon as some of the first group of grunts threw bombs at me. It was a weird ringing noise that happened intermittently for about 25 secs. I only had this bug happen once, but it hasn't happened since.

-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo's hi-score ranking list has corrupted sprites for slots 3, 4, and 5 whenever hi-score data is saved in the ini. Since deleting my hi-score ini, I have not been able to reproduce the issue with the game locking up. There may be other games affected by this, but it will take time to find them.

My personal Wishlist:

-An option to enter the in-game menu with something besides the Right thumbstick. Pressing L trigger + R trigger simultaneously is the one I'm hoping for the most. Back + Start and Start + Black are also good choices. Black + White is used in certain games as vital attacks (this switches characters in the Marvel vs Capcom for instance) so this one might be a bad idea.

-Support for the Universe bios v2.3. We have discussed this already. At the moment, if I had to choose only one NeoGeo bios to be added in the next release, then it would be the uni-bios 2.3 one.

-CPS1 Dipswitches. The CPS1 games all had settings that could be adjusted this way in older FBA versions. Some of the choices were: increasing the number of lives, turning on Free Play, adjusting the difficulty, Demo Sound on/off, number of players per game -- the DipSwitches were there for all CPS1 games.

-An option to toggle frameskip on or off. After witnessing how efficiently FBL handles frameskip, I can admit that this is no longer a major request. But it's still on my list as a small request. Many of the games don't even need it. Depending on the game, it's very rare to catch FBL skipping frames. But having the option to toggle this can't hurt as long as it doesn't mess up something else in the core. Perhaps make it accessible only by editing the ini. That way people can't stumble upon it by accident unless they know what they are doing.

-An option to disable hi-score saving if we choose to. I absolutely love the feature, but in any case where the hi-score saving causes problems, then I would like to be able to turn it off if it helps.

Is there any way to swap between game database filters with the touch of a button or it is done through the GUI? If the answer is 2 it would be a good idea to be able to change filters "on the fly" like blue to organize by genre, or yellow by system, or something. Just a thought.

I know there are some real heavy Mame users out there with lots of knowledge.

So im asking you guys which manufacturers are supported in FBL.

I could sift through waves of roms writing manufacturers down but i thought i

would be lazy and see if anyone already knows. Please no guesses.

Thanks in advance.