Final Burn Legends 1.0

nes6502

as stated PM me old gamer I have alot of info and will save you alot of time...but its pointless talking here about such things....can only discuss this stuff via PM sorry maybe MSN

as the other posts ill remove this once you have read it...hope your PM works I get many people that handle stuff though PM/MSN now as this forum has taken a very bad turn

we can no longer talk about facts these days to help move forward.....people dont care about that stuff in fact take offense to it.Id like to help tell people about broken games etc and maybe help fix them but its not a good idea. I believe its a good emu but without real dialog I can see its progress being stunted...I had alot of negative feed back on stuff and alot I didnt know existed. Facts really helped me (probably the biggest help from the forums even if I couldnt fix some of them)

FBL is not a "good" emulator. It's an unbelievably fantastic port of a fantastic PC emulator. It should be on anyone's Xbox who likes arcade games (how's that for modesty? =)). It's not perfect, but it's about as close as it can be on the Xbox. No one said you couldn't talk about "facts" or comparisons. Keep these points in mind:

• This thread is about moving "FBL forward" and nothing else.
  • People do care about honest comparisons from veteran users to know what the best options are.
  • This is not a CoinOps thread nor is it a place to compare or contrast CoinOps and FBL.
  • This is a thread about FBL and I clearly put the things in the first post that I wanted people to post to help improve it.
  • FBL is not MAME nor is it meant to compete with MAME.
  • I am not interested in increasing compatibility in FBL beyond what the PC version supports. If I wanted to do that I would have just ported MAME.

The only thing you seem to be interested in posting is what's wrong with FBL and how CoinOps is the answer. That's not necessary. Anyone can see how a game plays in each and determine which works better.

In the end CoinOps is great. So is FBL. They both emulate certain games better than the other. They both should be on everyone's Xbox. Why can't people enjoy both?

However, you feel so threatened by FBL you have been on a constant attack since it came out. You act like you've been trying to help improve it. That you are somehow a victim. Who am I supposed to have "real dialog" with? Isn't that what everyone has posted in this thread? This thread is full of "real dialog".

You act like you are the answer to fixing problems in FBL. You're not. In many ways I am not. It's the FBA developers. This is a port. If it doesn't work correctly on the PC then it won't work here either. There's nothing I can do. There's nothing you or anyone else can do. No amount of "real dialog" will fix games that don't work on the PC.

If you continue attacking FBL, then the latest MAME will be my next port. I have no interest in doing this, but you are motivating me with every post. How long do you think people will remember CoinOps with a port of the latest MAME with the GUI of FBL\ZsnexBox?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that ...Bpairs is dedicated but has an ego in his posts...

I worked with Bpairs about a year ago when he started into Coinops and it was cool....but his forum posts are harsh

Nes if you can do the imposible with an current mame port that would be amazing

Thanks for the coding everyone! :)

as stated PM me old gamer I have alot of info and will save you alot of time...but its pointless talking here about such things....can only discuss this stuff via PM sorry maybe MSN

as the other posts ill remove this once you have read it...hope your PM works I get many people that handle stuff though PM/MSN now as this forum has taken a very bad turn

we can no longer talk about facts these days to help move forward.....people dont care about that stuff in fact take offense to it.Id like to help tell people about broken games etc and maybe help fix them but its not a good idea. I believe its a good emu but without real dialog I can see its progress being stunted...I had alot of negative feed back on stuff and alot I didnt know existed. Facts really helped me (probably the biggest help from the forums even if I couldnt fix some of them)

FBL is not a "good" emulator. It's an unbelievably fantastic port of a fantastic PC emulator. It should be on anyone's Xbox who likes arcade games (how's that for modesty? =)). It's not perfect, but it's about as close as it can be on the Xbox. No one said you couldn't talk about "facts" or comparisons. Keep these points in mind:

• This thread is about moving "FBL forward" and nothing else.
  • People do care about honest comparisons from veteran users to know what the best options are.
  • This is not a CoinOps thread nor is it a place to compare or contrast CoinOps and FBL.
  • This is a thread about FBL and I clearly put the things in the first post that I wanted people to post to help improve it.
  • FBL is not MAME nor is it meant to compete with MAME.
  • I am not interested in increasing compatibility in FBL beyond what the PC version supports. If I wanted to do that I would have just ported MAME.

The only thing you seem to be interested in posting is what's wrong with FBL and how CoinOps is the answer. That's not necessary. Anyone can see how a game plays in each and determine which works better.

In the end CoinOps is great. So is FBL. They both emulate certain games better than the other. They both should be on everyone's Xbox. Why can't people enjoy both?

However, you feel so threatened by FBL you have been on a constant attack since it came out. You act like you've been trying to help improve it. That you are somehow a victim. Who am I supposed to have "real dialog" with? Isn't that what everyone has posted in this thread? This thread is full of "real dialog".

You act like you are the answer to fixing problems in FBL. You're not. In many ways I am not. It's the FBA developers. This is a port. If it doesn't work correctly on the PC then it won't work here either. There's nothing I can do. There's nothing you or anyone else can do. No amount of "real dialog" will fix games that don't work on the PC.

If you continue attacking FBL, then the latest MAME will be my next port. I have no interest in doing this, but you are motivating me with every post. How long do you think people will remember CoinOps with a port of the latest MAME with the GUI of FBL\ZsnexBox?

lol.....nice. :)

That would be awesome. :)

all I think is its very good but very buggy from my experience :) thats what I really think and I cant post the bugs with games nor can others from what I see...I take it onboard that it is what it is and I guess thats enough for me not to put in my 2 cents worth as it wont help things move forward by looks. I would love to see this actually a list of games that dont run correctly to help you move forward but that is actually totally discoraged :) . I know you think I feel threatened you probably honest think I do, im sorry you feel that way id just like to see it improved really. Ill leave you to your improvements or whatever im sure they will be all good as I say I personally dont use the EMU but have tested it...thats more than any other EMU in the last few years. Good luck whatever you do.

ill throw in 2 parting things as my comments for sure arnt needed here

1) I know you think im scared of your GUI in honest I think its very limited IMO thats just personal taste you cant even wrap lists around see favs easy or even see how big the list is or where you are on it...these are fundimetals of any GUI to me I do like that you believe its supior and I believe mine is. I dont want a battle though this verse that, I can tell you I honestly havent stollen any ideas apart from alhpa channel removal in psykio stuff, I havent grabbed the sources so theres no need to worry there and all I was after was ideas in the EMU really. I dont want to ague as im sure its going to these are just my opions everyones intitled to there own you keep mentioning about your GUI and my worry about it and I find that a little amusing as it doesnt reflect really what im thinking

2) to the few that posted stuff to me about this EMU please direct this stuff to nes I hope he listens with an open ear I agree with you but cant really help...if you dont want to do this publically you should PM him as I cant really help and it seems he genuinly wants to help you guys out, I know your concerns with this but at least give it a go for the benifit of everyone who knows what you maybe able to achieve for yourself, I hold your names as private but its best you guys give things a go for my sake as well it seems. It sadens me to see long term verterns stand in the background and some of you have done alot and ive even had my differences with a few of them but I still thank them for the debate and effort to move things forward id say put your side though at least in PM if you want anything to happen thats my best adive (advice from me is very dicey at best though)

samaza I never ever worked with you at all.......never and actually stopped commandline stuff due to your lack of real help

PS Id love to see a MAME port that would rock :) although alot of games will run alot slower but ill donate to you doing it .... this would excite me not scare me .... I say do it id love to see it

anyways hope you got the message old school loud and clear your tests seemed resonable to me and well constucted as you see I cant help you but am willing to talk via MSN as it will help me out with my stuff....

Are these already identified bugs?

- Everytime I enter a game, it is by default with SOFTEN turned ON. I turn OFF. Play. Exit the game. When I enter again, SOFTEN is ON once more.

- Many many times, when I try to exit a game, the emulator throws me back to the same game, just like a SOFT RESET. And it is stubborn! I need to select exit games sometime 3 or 4 times!

Thanks,

Cospefogo.

Are these already identified bugs?

- Everytime I enter a game, it is by default with SOFTEN turned ON. I turn OFF. Play. Exit the game. When I enter again, SOFTEN is ON once more.

- Many many times, when I try to exit a game, the emulator throws me back to the same game, just like a SOFT RESET. And it is stubborn! I need to select exit games sometime 3 or 4 times!

Thanks,

Cospefogo.

Hey cos! :)

The issue with some games needing to be exited a few times is in the FBL Readme. Nes6502 is aware of this issue.

For the soften filter issue, is this for HD mode or SD mode? I'd like to test this out too. This may be a bug.

Btw, if people are finding bugs or issues with how the games run, then they should definitely report them in these threads just so nes can address those issues whenever possible. I haven't seen a case where he doesn't address an issue, whether he's already done so in the app's Readme file or not. It does no good to report issues to anyone except nes right now; he is the one who did this port and he created this thread for that purpose.

That said, a while ago I found that Gunbird 2 and Dragon Blaze had sound issues -- both games have the sound effects on the left channel only, music on the right channel only. I didn't report this earlier because these two games are newly supported by the latest PC FBA, therefore these issues also exist in the PC version by default as that's from where they originated.

If this sound issue gets fixed in the PC version for these two, then we can expect it to be fixed in the Xbox port soon after in an update at some point. If no one reported this at all, then most people wouldn't even find out that this issue affects Gunbird 2 and Dragon Blaze for the PC FBA as well. FBL is just a great port of the most updated FBA for PC, so it inherits the exact same issues with preliminary emulation on a few specific games, but these issues get fixed over time in most cases.

On my side, the rest of the games run great so far. The CPU speed adjustment is there now for any game that allegedly "ran slower" and I haven't found any bugs with any CPS2, CPS1, NeoGeo, or Cave games -- there is no emulator on the Xbox that runs those 4 better than FBL.

CPS2, CPS1, NeoGeo, or Cave games -- there is no emulator on the Xbox that runs those 4 better than FBL.

Have to definetly agree with this statement. FBL really is great, what with the cheat system, game guide system, GUI, the list goes on...

I also feel that end users can mod this easily with its open nature. A dynamic skin that supports screenshots and video previews. Video playback added to the skin engine and all those roms playable. Now this, from a first release of an emulator is good. I hope this goes much further.

Hey,

Just a quick question since I am crap at building romsets. could I build a romset for this using the MAME 0.135 set and clrmamepro? And the DAT file provided earlier in the thread? Noob question I know but normally I don't bother building these as they are tiresome and often don't work properly for me.

Cheers guys :)

"-There is no CPS3 emulation nor will there be. The Xbox is not fast

enough to emulate these games using Final Burn Alpha."

LOL!!!............ then why do BOTH jojo games work i thought those were CPS3 games???

UPDATE i NOTICED SFIII 2nd impact works perfectly

3rd strike gets an out of memory error but one of the roms of 3rd strike i get a ROM ERROR unable to load the rom press A to exit....

and the first street fighter 3 the new generation runs PERFECTLY

one of the RED EARTH roms from the cps 3 emu runs but i get an ingame error "NO CD-ROM DRIVE"

Edited by BritneysPAIRSisaGOD