Final Burn Legends 1.0

nes6502

@Iceman, there are some newer cheats in the 2.3 bios for games that didn't have them in previous versions. There are also some bug fixes that were made in the 2.3 version.

Does anyone know of a way to turn on the Free Play option for the Neogeo games in FBL? I always did this via the DipSwitches in the older FBA's.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 3.0 added it back. Too bad you have to pay to get the 3.0 version. If I added 3.0 to the neogeo.zip file almost no one would find it and wouldn't be able to play any NeoGeo games. How can a user get back into the BIOS setup on 2.0 if they want to change the region or AES MVS mode? That's done at the splash screen on 2.3.

If you've disabled the spash screen in 2.0 you can still get back to the region setup etc if you press A B and C as soon as the game has loaded, (Before the NeoGeo logo and jingle) or if you can't press them quick enough just keep them held down while a game is loading. I didn't know there was a 3.0, just looked for it, you're right they did add the disable splash screen option back, and a few other fixes, so this would be the best one to use. I think it's shameful that they're selling it for money however, seen as how it's completely illegal. If you wanted FBL to use 3.0 you'd have to just include the appropriate neogeo.zip in the release. I personally think that would be a good idea. Finding the correct neogeo.zip for emulators is something that a lot of people have trouble with, having it already in with the emulator would save the trouble. The xport emulators come with all the bioes that they need, so I don't really see why it couldn't be done here too.

Probably already known, gaia crusaders hangs on the demo screen. Also gunbarich doesnt load.

Air Gallet displays a weird memory error ingame. When i reset it twice it loads correctly after a moment.

Is there any way to make parents and different revisions(same zipfile) work, similar as in mame?

A speed up on the fuuki games would be awesome too. Other than that this emu makes me very happy.

Thanks again.

Edited by 111111

If you wanted FBL to use 3.0 you'd have to just include the appropriate neogeo.zip in the release. I personally think that would be a good idea. Finding the correct neogeo.zip for emulators is something that a lot of people have trouble with, having it already in with the emulator would save the trouble. The xport emulators come with all the bioes that they need, so I don't really see why it couldn't be done here too.

Hmm...I wonder what nes thinks about this. Having 3.0 included in FBL releases as the default neogeo bios would be an awesome step forward, but I'm not sure it's going to happen. The fact that this particular bios has to be paid for is very unfortunate.

I would hope that that step be seriously considered. If you ask me there's no question of ethics involved as the sale of the Unibios is unethical in itself. It contains SNK's original code which only SNK has the rights to sell. Buying the UniBios is buying stolen code. Using the free older versions is still using stolen code. Using the original bioes is also using stolen code unless you own the original NeoGeo board it came on. By including 3.0 in FBL it wouldn't be breaking the law any more or any less, it would just stop the makers of the UniBios from profiting a little further from thier theft.

If you wanted FBL to use 3.0 you'd have to just include the appropriate neogeo.zip in the release. I personally think that would be a good idea. Finding the correct neogeo.zip for emulators is something that a lot of people have trouble with, having it already in with the emulator would save the trouble.

I'm assuming that Nes will not do that, as it is illegal. And usually Emu authors never help to find or included roms in the release. I don't think findind the correct Neogeo bios is dificult - i just think people are mostly lazy and don't wanna take five minutes to understand why it doesn't work, how to use a dat file etc... I don't think what i'm saying is rude, it's mostly the truth. Mooooo.

Also gunbarich doesnt load.

This one works now :1st:

A speed up on the fuuki games would be awesome too.

If you're talking about Asura Blade and Buster, the best way to go will be to try it in 480P / without filters. I don't think the drawing stuff could be optimized as much (or it will less accurate). This game already use a VMM - and it was kind of a pain in my ass to write it, probably one of the most ball breaker one lol

I would hope that that step be seriously considered. If you ask me there's no question of ethics involved as the sale of the Unibios is unethical in itself. It contains SNK's original code which only SNK has the rights to sell. Buying the UniBios is buying stolen code. Using the free older versions is still using stolen code. Using the original bioes is also using stolen code unless you own the original NeoGeo board it came on. By including 3.0 in FBL it wouldn't be breaking the law any more or any less, it would just stop the makers of the UniBios from profiting a little further from thier theft.

There is a implicit rule in some emulators like FBA - the latest Unibios version is the latest Razoola released for free, so ATM the 2.3. And hell it's a detail :)

Edited by - kenshiro -

@ kenshiro: is there any chance you could please put in even a really generic vmm so martial masters can at least start? (its my favorite game in fba :( )

or is it more complicated than that?

that would make fbl perfect in my eyes lol

Edited by ac3t1ne