Final Burn Legends 1.0

nes6502

Is anybody else getting a green screen just before the system logo appears when a NeoGeo rom loads? Doesn't affect anything, but could it be a problem with my NeoGeo bios?

The green loading screen is normal for all neogeo roms, especially the larger ones. It's not a problem with your bios. Happy gaming!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if there is a way to go into the in game menu options with Controller 2, 3, or 4? My problem is I've been using Sega Saturn controllers thru a device called a Magic Box adapter (ever since FBA XXX Pro) and they don't have analog sticks.

Is it possible to implement a way to get into the menu options with a controller other than Controller 1?

Quick question.

For the game screen sizing (in-game), does every game have to be adjusted to fit the screen individually?

Or can I set it once for al games? I looked, but can only see it works on an individual basis. :lol:

nes,

when i ran truxton first time it worked, but when i try to run it now it loads and has an error screen and wont go no further.

RAM CHECK TEMP ERROR 00081C6A

also when you take a screenshot in game, sometimes it comes up with the error about the game not being compatible, and that it has to exit.

btw. I love the way you can just resize the video in game and its saved seperate for each game. :lol:

The problem is the hiscore saving. To get around this until I can add a proper fix:

1) Delete the truxton Hiscore file in the hiscores directory

2) Start Truxton

3) Make a save state at the title screen

The next time you start the game it will load the hiscore data, corrupt the RAM, and the game won't start. Load the savestate. Problem solved.

This is just a hack until I can add a way to enable or disable hiscore support on a per game basis. I'll add it in the next release.

As far as the crashing when saving screenshots, I've never had that happen. I don't save many screenshots though. I got a MAME pack for the Shots 1 folder and a Cabinet pack for the Shots 2 folder. If you can tell me an exact sequence that will cause the crash constantly, then I'll try to fix it.

just a quick question, about the ingame info. where are the setting for adjusting the text left hand margin ? because on my tv the text is always too far over to the left. I know you can move it with control stick while reading it , but i'd like to set it for once instead of having to move it every time.

There is no Option Menu setting to adjust this, however the placement for this is controlled by the text files in the Help section. So open a help text file and adjust it so that is is visible on your screen. Then every game information file will use that setting.

I take it missing alot of older stuff? (like say donkey kong 1 2 and 3 or are most of the old classics now supported in FBA sorry I have no idea how far FB on PC has moved on)

anyways all good Kenshiro MSN me the dat or the ini sometime or do you know of anything?

Well, it's easy to solve that problem. Download it. Click File->Load Game. Uncheck the option that says show only available games. There's the list of what games are supported. My port adds about 200 more Genesis games and Street Fighter Alpha CPS Changer.

just a quick question regarding the megadrive emulation in legends,should i be able to use my roms from the neogenesis emulator or am i presuming wrong??

or maybe they have to be named a certain way.

Yes but they need to be renamed. RomCenter will rename them using the dat I provided. I just dropped all my Genesis games in the folder (Europe, USA, Japan, etc...), RomCenter renamed all of them, then I deleted the "unknowns". Then copied those to the Xbox. You'll need to use the dat I provided and not the PC version.

Does anyone know if there is a way to go into the in game menu options with Controller 2, 3, or 4? My problem is I've been using Sega Saturn controllers thru a device called a Magic Box adapter (ever since FBA XXX Pro) and they don't have analog sticks.

Is it possible to implement a way to get into the menu options with a controller other than Controller 1?

Yes. Try changing the value DefualtController=0 to DefaultController=1 (That's controller 2) in the FinalBurnLegends.ini file That should allow you to control the GUI with Controller 2 instead of Controller 1.

For the game screen sizing (in-game), does every game have to be adjusted to fit the screen individually?

Or can I set it once for al games? I looked, but can only see it works on an individual basis.

Every game doesn't have the same resolution. That's why there is no adjust screen in the GUI (only in the game menu). That's why I save separate settings for each game. This isn't a problem for console games. However, with arcade games, almost every game has a different aspect ratio and resolution. There's no easy fix for this. Every TV is different. Some pople have more overscan than others. Some people use HD resolutions and some use standard resolutions. There is no way I can code it to work perfect for all users out of the box. Sorry.

Spent some quality time with this emulator and all I can say so far is WOOOOOW!!!! ohmy.gif FBL seems professionally done. It shows that a meticulous degree of work went into it. Everything with the GUI is perfect and, most importantly, the games I've played run awesome. Great driver code for CPS2, Neogeo, Cave, etc. I never imagined an app this good could be made for the Xbox. It's clearly the best emu on the XBox in my opinion, hands down.

Nes, (aka IronMan) you are a legend. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif The bar you've set here is as high as it can possibly get and I'm honestly just blown away. FBL is just too good for words.

Thanks for everyone's comments. I'm glad people like it. I wasn't sure if people would like it. It's not perfect (I have a todo list). There's is just so much to this port I didn't have time to test it all. Hopefully everyone can test it thoroughly and post any problems.

Edited by nes6502

Thanks for everyone's comments. I'm glad people like it. I wasn't sure if people would like it. It's not perfect (I have a todo list). There's is just so much to this port I didn't have time to test it all. Hopefully everyone can test it thoroughly and post any problems.

Don't worry, we will test it plenty. :lol: I plan to do some extensive testing and I'll report any issues I find -- I just hope FBL's creator will be around to support it for awhile. :P I'm still trying to catch my breath because this really knocked my socks off.

Thanks on the controller tip. I went into the ini and changed it, now everything is set. The bad news is testing FBL is going to be very time consuming due to so many games. :)

I thank you again, but just saying that will never be enough.

Hey there, guys!

I don't know if I got the whole idea, but Final Burn Legends runs only a limited number of titles,

correct? Or it runs all the games like the old FBA-XXX-Pro? And more... Is it capable to run

most of the classic MAME games? Like Toki, Shadow Dancer, Shinobi, E-Swat?

Thanks!

C.

Hey there, guys!

I don't know if I got the whole idea, but Final Burn Legends runs only a limited number of titles,

correct? Or it runs all the games like the old FBA-XXX-Pro? And more... Is it capable to run

most of the classic MAME games? Like Toki, Shadow Dancer, Shinobi, E-Swat?

Thanks!

C.

toki,shadow dancer,eswat,double dragon 1and2......A LOT!!

About the NeoGeo greenscreen. In FBA-XXX Pro you can switch between all the different bioes, including the different UniBios versions. In version 2.0 and onward of the UniBios, there are options at a game's first boot which you can set, which include under 'General Bios settings' the option to 'Disable BootUp HW test'. This gets rid of the green screen, which in some cases like KOF 2003 cuts some wait time, as that game displays the green screen for quite a while. I always used UniBios 2.0 in XXX-Pro coz it also has the option to disable the UniBios Logo splash screen which I don't like. For some reason in the later versions you can't. Now I haven't actually tried FBL yet, but I'm guessing there's not an option to use the UniBioes? If there was you could all kiss goobye to the green screen forever.

nes,

about the sreenshot crashing, it doesnt happen all the time, when i first did a screenshot for battlegaregga it did it and in the shots1 folder was a screenshot png with 0kb size. when i did it again later it worked, so it doesnt do it everytime.

thanks for replying about truxton and the game info settings, if when you do a new update would it be possible to include a delete game option in the gui somehow ? :lol: