trusty's done it again

ac3t1ne

Just a heads up, trusty (from xbox scene) can now upgrade the xbox cpu to a 1.4 ghz 512kb cache P3. While its a few mhz slower than the dreamx 1480, it has twice the cache, so this should be the fastest xbox yet!

I won't put the price here since its unfair on him, but I think its a steal (especially since he does the 128mb ram upgrade at the same time). I've already had an older upgraded xbox from him, and it arrived promptly and still works perfectly.

I ordered 1 today, and I feel VERY sorry for anyone who bought a dreamx 1480 in recent times (I've read about people spending $1000+ for them :blink: )

You know how you get some games with mission info on the loading screens? If you have the game on the hard drive, it loads much faster than on the dvd and you don't always have time to read the screen. If your box is upgraded to this, I can imagine load screens up for only a second before games start. No time to read anything. Bet Microsoft never thought they'd have people preforming this kind of surgery on their console.

Damn sounds nice, makes we want to sell my main/long time owned xbox so I can buy one from him, so can you send me a link to where I can get ahold of this trusty guy ..will check the BST section over at x-s.

trusty is a member at xbox scene, you need to pm him and he'll send you a quote for an upgraded motherboard (he doesnt sell a whole xbox, the postage would be INSANE from china).

As for why you'd want the upgrade, it gives better performace in emulators (I only have a 1ghz 256kb cache 128mb box atm, and it already runs games that wont usually load in coinops, gives much better framerates in other games, especially in coinops, pcsxbox and surreal 64. another good example is that everything runs perfectly in fbaxxx-pro 1.28 in 720p with software filters on, and there are no stutters in cpx3).

this new upgrade should be the same, but even better. trusty has also posted screencaps of it running HD 720p content in xbmc properly (although it is still not good enough for 720p .mkv files)

Fuckin ay, guys from china damn...well x-s is down for me at the moment...but will get in contact with him soon...

keep gettin this when I try to log on x-s..

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host 'forums' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' (Line: 131 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

SQL error: Host 'forums' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'

SQL error code:

Date: Sunday 08th 2009f November 2009 04:37:49 PM