Coinops Showcase Vertical Cab Build

bulge2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also sound was pretty easy to add to those games....whats the vm settings for namco classics volume 2?

Wonderful, you managed to include the sound; the vm settings to get namco classics volume 2 passing the second boot is yet to be found, For the moment the best i can get is getting to secondary cpb memory self test but it still hang after that. I'll have a little time later to continue testing.

already tried those value without success

2 8 65535

2 16 65535

2 32 65535

3 8 65535

3 16 65535

3 24 65535

3 48 65535

4 8 65535

4 12 65535

4 16 65535

4 20 65535

4 24 65535

4 32 65535

4 46 65535

4 48 65535

4 56 65535

(for the threshold '4' i tried an exhaustive range of value from coinops menu as well by editing vm.txt)

8 16 65535

8 24 65535

8 32 65535

8 48 65535

12 16 65535 instant crash

12 32 65535

Since this is the most recent CoinOPS topic, I figured i'd post this here..

@BP, CoinOPS can already play any soundtracks the user has saved on their harddrive, but it seems to play random tracks from any/all soundtracks, so would it be possible to add a function to choose which soundtrack you want playing in the menu?

I guess I could just replace the tunes you distribute it with, with my choice, but tbh I really like most of them :rolleyes: so an option would be good.

also sound was pretty easy to add to those games....whats the vm settings for namco classics volume 2?

Gee... I just got my xbox hooked to the hantarex, using the sync splitter. All looks great, except the coinops and games are top down. I just went through all the menus and googled alot, but couldn't find a file nor an instruction on how to rotate all the other way around. Any ideas?

I am off to get missing parts for completion. Cabs rock!

Thanks,

DaNDeE

cba says there are skinners around this would take them about 1 hour maybe 2 at the most to do....I would put in the feature properly but at present have not to much interest in public dev (you guys know why) all sound track features and volume features are in the source they just need setting up in the GUI. Anyone is free to patch that stuff in...all the calls to jump forward back though songs and sountracks are there...there is only one way it is rotated I can do the other way in mins....but it needs to be handled properly this was just a 10-15min quick build

^

I realise that some people here wind you up man, but couldn't you just add them to your ignore list on the forum?

I got here pretty late but I loved the whole active development, with updates and feedback that you had going before, and I'm sure most others did too.

I'd love to add stuff in for myself, but i'm not going to lie, I wouldn't know where to begin! :sadwalk:

if you have the special vertical version of coinops there is no option to rotate the menus back as it was a custom build - you need the normal version for a horizontal monitor

Hi. No, I don't want to rotate them back, I just want to rotate them 180 degree as they are all top down on my screen. Is there a way or do I have to take my whole cab appart (now that it is finally running) and rotate the screen hardware wise? I noticed, that there are some games, that seem to have right orientation, but most are top down. How come?

I will take a look at the skin, as soon as I get this rotation thing sorted out.

BP: Would you do a proper vertical version, with a rotate option, I would donate/pay for it?

best,

DaNDeE

if you have the special vertical version of coinops there is no option to rotate the menus back as it was a custom build - you need the normal version for a horizontal monitor

Hi. No, I don't want to rotate them back, I just want to rotate them 180 degree as they are all top down on my screen. Is there a way or do I have to take my whole cab appart (now that it is finally running) and rotate the screen hardware wise? I noticed, that there are some games, that seem to have right orientation, but most are top down. How come?

I will take a look at the skin, as soon as I get this rotation thing sorted out.

BP: Would you do a proper vertical version, with a rotate option, I would donate/pay for it?

best,

DaNDeE

you could try using mamedox 1.1 for now as that lets you rotate the screen and it also rotates the romlist and options.