@ NES6502

cba.gy

I read recently that you intended to code your "FBA" from scratch using the newer PC code.

The best way, but you didnt need me to tell you that ! lol.

What im asking is, do you have a resident site where you report progress, updates and changes ?

I know there's a lot of buzz around this new project from people end user side.

On a site where im a member we have daily discussions about the possibillities.

Theres a real positive charge about the place and although "i haven't" been voted as a mouth piece,

i've took it upon my self today to see if i could request an update (bi-weekly / weekly) as things develop.

I understand if your are reluctant to be drawn to public forums for comment after the latest round of "hair pulling".

Im sure your more than aware that people have a great interest in this project.

If you decide not to comment on the subject then, no harm done.

Here's hoping.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read recently that you intended to code your "FBA" from scratch using the newer PC code.

What im asking is, do you have a resident site where you report progress, updates and changes ?

Theres a real positive charge about the place and although "i haven't" been voted as a mouth piece,

i've took it upon my self today to see if i could request an update (bi-weekly / weekly) as things develop.

I understand if your are reluctant to be drawn to public forums for comment after the latest round of "hair pulling".

Here's hoping.

Progress is good. I'm not going to do another Final Burn. I am trying to get FBL in a good "1.0" state. The port is complete. I am working on getting games working that require VM. Martial Masters is almost certainly not worth the effort. The simplest PGM games don't run fullspeed so I have no confidence the most complex ones would. The Xbox doesn't have the power. I would say my build should play just about everything in FBA XXX Pro and more.

How about Knights of Valour? That almost worked fine on FBA-XXX Pro 1.29. The sound stuttered but it was playable.

Progress is good. I'm not going to do another Final Burn. I am trying to get FBL in a good "1.0" state. The port is complete. I am working on getting games working that require VM. Martial Masters is almost certainly not worth the effort. The simplest PGM games don't run fullspeed so I have no confidence the most complex ones would. The Xbox doesn't have the power. I would say my build should play just about everything in FBA XXX Pro and more.

Is it difficult to emulate the CPS2 QSound algorithm? I keep hearing people say that the Xbox does not handle it accurately in any of its emulators. What do you think about that, nes?

Here's hoping.

Sounds good nes....which core are you using...I guess If I look that up, I'll find a list of games that it supports?

K

Is it difficult to emulate the CPS2 QSound algorithm? I keep hearing people say that the Xbox does not handle it accurately in any of its emulators. What do you think about that, nes?

From what I can remember, QSound isn't properly emulated in any emulator. The QSound chip is on Guru's "to decap" list (Number 17 [ http://guru.mameworld.info/decap/index.html ], and has been for quite some time.

From what I can remember, QSound isn't properly emulated in any emulator. The QSound chip is on Guru's "to decap" list (Number 17 [ http://guru.mameworld.info/decap/index.html ], and has been for quite some time.

Gotcha. Thanks for the response iq_132. Perhaps it will be "decapped" someday.

Interesting stuff. I want sound in the silent Toaplan games. Odd that Dogyuun isn't on that list.