CoinOPS reignite Updates Unofficial thread..

fumanchu

----------------------- R6 Build -----------------------

added exe support so it now boots on PC (no xmv support)

If I'm not entirely mistaken, this means that I can load the exe in clrmame and run listxml to generate an up-to-date dat file, right ? ;)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey there

first let me say i was NOT asked to make this thread by bp i am doing this purely on my own to keep the interest level in this forum going.if bp responds in this thread is entirely up to him this is just an unofficial thread to discuss the new features.

so we can still discuss what has been added to coinops as obviously it is still getting worked on.

so PLEASE keep this thread civil,thank you.

anyway now thats out of the way....

----------------------- R6 Build -----------------------

added exe support so it now boots on PC (no xmv support)

remapped a lot of xmls and configs as alot of games are now playable on faster spec PC

started merger of XBMC custom code and DVD2Xbox cutom code

added new skin from Alyasa (xbmc wise thanks to alot of source from djh)

----------------------- R5 Build -----------------------

Pole Position (Now Playable Properly)

Pole Position 2 (Now Playable Properly)

Hangon (Now Playable Properly)

Super Hangon (Now Playable Properly)

Hydra (Now Playable Properly)

Double Dragon 2 (speed hack added)

Party Time : Gonta the Diver II ( fixed Now Playable)

Rad Mobile (fixed analog controls somewhat)

Rad Rally (fixed analog controls somewhat)

Sonic 3D (fixed analog controls somewhat)

Spectrum 2000 (Background Sound Fixed)

Syvalion (Now Playable Properly)

Players Choices (now single screen bios)

Fire Hawk (Background Sound Fixed)

Cyberball (speed hack added)

1000 Miglia Great 1000 Miles Rally ( Fixed )

Great 1000 Miles Rally Evolution Model (Fixed)

Mille Miglia 2 Great 1000 Miles Rally (Fixed)

Great 1000 Miles Rally 2 (Fixed)

added custom alha fade for video not linked to screenshot

seperated alpha fade and position/size for vertical and horizontal games for pictures and video

added dual screenshot/video support for skinning

added video help now as well as scrolling text (adds 30megs)

added new screensaver mode

added added option to overlay info on random pictures screensaver or random video screensaver

fixed continous scanning though videos now it looks once per line move (if you have alot of video and one is missing it access the 50 times a sec to look)

added option to fast scroll (without preview so it moves rapidly with triggers but no previews at the time of scrolling fast)

added new folders for games / NES / FBA / FB / Genisis / SNES / Old Mame core / XBOX games

added xml into f drive to aid with autolauch of new cores

reintroduced Skin selector screen

Fixed alot of lightgun sources (thanks Mawunit)

added xml to cutom launch games with different core

added oldschool CPS2 or new CPS2 option

----------------------- R4 Build -----------------------

Riot (***Now Playable ***) iq_132 you are the man

Twin Action (Now Playable Properly)

Stagger I (Now Playable Properly)

Red Hawk (Now Playable Properly)

Guardian Storm (Now Playable Properly)

Sen Jin (Now Playable Properly)

Bubble 2000 (Now Playable)

Hot Bubble (Now Playable)

Pop's Pop's (Now Playable)

Mang-Chi (Now Playable)

Spectrum 2000 (Now Playable)

Fire Hawk (Now Playable)

added animation support to skin engine

Added all new Double Dragon 3 (japanese one is alot better)

Updated CP2 games

Street Fighter 2 Anversay edition (Now Playable )

Pheniox edition of CP2 games (Now Playable )

Updated Sega System32 driver (Golden Axe 2, Spiderman etc)

Obviously i like the thought of having new games to try on the old box,it will be interesting to see how the work on the system 32 drivers has come along,also i have been waiting to try spectrum 2000 for a while now so looking forward to trying it out.

the amount of new games we have been able to play lately is great what with coinops,kenshiros work on fbaxxx pro and nes 6502 work on final burn and the soon to be released final burn legends...its all looking rosy.

so like i said guys keep it civil here in this thread thank you.

wow, i'm come back from long business trip and i see coin ops updates continue :)

good, very good

thanks for this thread fumanchu, i hope a new version coming up :P

just finishing up a full rom set to Showcase Standard its about 1800plus unique games.....also assembled the vid for games that id like to work that dont (about 50) and some never will work in CoinOPS like sf3s

no plans to release it yet, but I just thought I should do it....at some point ill release something but not for quite along time as I cant really be bothered due to reasons allready covered. Ask the other vocal ones to release something they said they would at better quality as well after that is done ill think about holding my end of the bargin up.

PM yes DATs can be generated from an exe

just finishing up a full rom set to Showcase Standard its about 1800plus unique games.....also assembled the vid for games that id like to work that dont (about 50) and some never will work in CoinOPS like sf3s

no plans to release it yet, but I just thought I should do it....at some point ill release something but not for quite along time as I cant really be bothered due to reasons allready covered. Ask the other vocal ones to release something they said they would at better quality as well after that is done ill think about holding my end of the bargin up.

PM yes DATs can be generated from an exe

Dam. im making a modded box for my sister for chistmas. was hoping to have a more complete coinops for her. :lol:

Come on Bp those "others" could care less if you release your new CoinOPs Showcase patch ..but guess what alot of people do including me ..I like any emu that lets me play games ect..got a shit load of mame emus on my setup.and would love to update CoinOps showcase..as far as that Xbmc setup I could careless for it but showcase is the shit..upload that puppy bro..like nike...JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made a promise along time ago about what would happen... that was the time when releases where being talked about now as it stands I will release something some time but im not focused on it and at present dont have any plans of release as it isnt as easy as people think and I cant be bothered really. I am doing other stuff mainly. I told people I thought you where in not good hands (that of course wasnt any fun listening to people that have never done much tell me what im doing wrong and how im wrong) Ive heard more than enough really, I still stand by stuff I said and havent seen much in the way to prove my thoughts wrong....and I like time to prove points, I do hope they prove me wrong...I really do.

Anyways anyones free to release what ever all sources are out, I havent waited for any of this stuff myself but would be great to see some new blood.