CoinOPS reignite Updates Unofficial thread..

fumanchu

Interesting the choice of launching with both GUis. I like that. Choice is good. :)

Personally, i'm satisfied with CoinOPS at the moment. Of course you have those usual small things like some of the ones me and others suggested and thought, or more drivers support, but for now the emulator works good and it's in a 'final' (notice the commas) state for me. :(

Regarding the other subject, i agree with that on most parts like we've talked before. Develop outside the public eyes, release it later or not if you wish, but let the public part on foruns for the users to deal. You can check the topics they create the same, see if they find some bugs for example and so on, and reply or not if you wish, to some question you decide to answer if no one does it before and ignore the flames, troll baits and try to do yourself the same, not doing that.

A good example, of many good ones, is the recent thread created on XS regarding Surreal compability list, where people are helping eachother to create an ini file with good settings for all the games, because not only people like to help and create something for the community, but also because it will help the developer later too, without the need for him to have all that trouble. That's where you can focus, because that's positive, like the feedback and input you will see for the recent Final Burn Legends too for sure. You just have to filter what you want to read and deal with.

Edited by Enkak

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumb question, from newbie at hopefully the right place. I just stumbled cross Coinops reignite and was really (REALLY!) happy to see someone work on a decent mame clone for xbox. The old black box is still the best, when it comes to easily play some nostalgic stuff. Great Job!

What I couldn't figure out (neither by asking big g nor by checking the readme included with the realease) is: Is there an option to run the menu (CoinOps itself vertically). As far as I got it to work I only can rotate the games to its usual orientation. I would love to stick one of my xboxes in my good old cab and run some emulation on it, but it is a vertical cab. I could turn the screen, but I really do like the vertical stuff as this is in my opinion even more arcade. ;) Is there a way to rotate the menu? Or is there a hack? What needs to be done to include this?

Thanks.

best,

DaNDeE

Edited by DaNDeE

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31358

pm these guys they have a hack I did just for that purpose...sorry I dont have it anymore ;)

Just found it myslef... sometime goolge is a strange thing. I've been searching for about an hour now and can't remember what I typed in already but I just found that very threat right now. Thanks though and maybe this is an option that can go into the main settings.

THANKS ALOT! Big happy smile on my face and no sleep for the rest of the night.... testing!

cheers,

DaNDee

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31358

pm these guys they have a hack I did just for that purpose...sorry I dont have it anymore ;)

Just found it myslef... sometime goolge is a strange thing. I've been searching for about an hour now and can't remember what I typed in already but I just found that very threat right now. Thanks though and maybe this is an option that can go into the main settings.

THANKS ALOT! Big happy smile on my face and no sleep for the rest of the night.... testing!

cheers,

DaNDee

i bet GOOLGE is a strange thing lmao! all jokes aside im keepn an eye on this and its nice to see things keep going! good work guys.

HF-