CoinOPS reignite Updates Unofficial thread..

fumanchu

looking at the new gamesfixes, having the sega 32 driver fixed will please a lot of you guys who wanted to play golden axe the revenge of deathadder without any of the glitches.

i always wondered what is the actual pheonix versions of the cps2 games are they bootlegs or what???

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at the new gamesfixes, having the sega 32 driver fixed will please a lot of you guys who wanted to play golden axe the revenge of deathadder without any of the glitches.

Yes I love the goldenaxe games when I saw this on mame I shit the bed. Then played it and was saddened by the gfx issues. If it was fixed I would be massively chuffed to say the least..

Yes I love the goldenaxe games when I saw this on mame I shit the bed. Then played it and was saddened by the gfx issues. If it was fixed I would be massively chuffed to say the least..

hmmm looking at the other thread I will have to just try it on MAME for the PC :lol:

Revenge of Deathadder finally fixed?! Now i can die in peace.

not yet maybe never. We have to wait to see if BP changes his mind and releases a showcase 2 or updated standalone but the chances are slim as he has moved onto other projects. There's always mame for the PC for goldenaxe RODA - haven't tried it but best bet for this game.

One day someone will put this on the xbox... one day...

:unsure:

i always wondered what is the actual pheonix versions of the cps2 games are they bootlegs or what???

CPS2 games had a suicide battery on board, when it went flat certain locations in RAM would be lost, and the game would not run. This was to discourage bootlegging.

The Phoenix version (released by Razoola) has a modified ROM that does not depend on these sensitive RAM locations. It also has a Phoenix logo that appears when booting up. Apart from that, the game is the same as before.

Almost all Phoenix sets are in MAME. The last 2 can be found in MisfitMAME instead.

CPS2 games had a suicide battery on board, when it went flat certain locations in RAM would be lost, and the game would not run. This was to discourage bootlegging.

The Phoenix version (released by Razoola) has a modified ROM that does not depend on these sensitive RAM locations. It also has a Phoenix logo that appears when booting up. Apart from that, the game is the same as before.

Almost all Phoenix sets are in MAME. The last 2 can be found in MisfitMAME instead.

ok thanks for letting me know robert.

Revenge of Deathadder finally fixed?! Now i can die in peace.

not yet maybe never. We have to wait to see if BP changes his mind and releases a showcase 2 or updated standalone but the chances are slim as he has moved onto other projects. There's always mame for the PC for goldenaxe RODA - haven't tried it but best bet for this game.

One day someone will put this on the xbox... one day...

:unsure:

well fingers crossed we still see a release in the future.

Sad news but understandable that BP left.

I'm coinops user since "Coinops" and then CO Gold came out and speedy new release with gret adds.

Today I would like

Tetris the Absolute The Grand Master 2

set name tgm2

manufacturer Arika

year 2000

genre Puzzle (hof)

category Puzzle / Drop (hof)

driver status good

driver source psikyosh.c

to be added.

Hope that's the right place to post.

Sad news but understandable that BP left.

I'm coinops user since "Coinops" and then CO Gold came out and speedy new release with gret adds.

Today I would like

Tetris the Absolute The Grand Master 2

set name tgm2

manufacturer Arika

year 2000

genre Puzzle (hof)

category Puzzle / Drop (hof)

driver status good

driver source psikyosh.c

to be added.

Hope that's the right place to post.

There's a psikyosh driver on NeoSource that kenshiro posted. it contains both of the tgmt2 games as well as the rest. If someone were to compile a build it'd be very playable on xbox...