CoinOPS reignite Updates Unofficial thread..

fumanchu

hey there

first let me say i was NOT asked to make this thread by bp i am doing this purely on my own to keep the interest level in this forum going.if bp responds in this thread is entirely up to him this is just an unofficial thread to discuss the new features.

so we can still discuss what has been added to coinops as obviously it is still getting worked on.

so PLEASE keep this thread civil,thank you.

anyway now thats out of the way....

----------------------- R6 Build -----------------------

added exe support so it now boots on PC (no xmv support)

remapped a lot of xmls and configs as alot of games are now playable on faster spec PC

started merger of XBMC custom code and DVD2Xbox cutom code

added new skin from Alyasa (xbmc wise thanks to alot of source from djh)

----------------------- R5 Build -----------------------

Pole Position (Now Playable Properly)

Pole Position 2 (Now Playable Properly)

Hangon (Now Playable Properly)

Super Hangon (Now Playable Properly)

Hydra (Now Playable Properly)

Double Dragon 2 (speed hack added)

Party Time : Gonta the Diver II ( fixed Now Playable)

Rad Mobile (fixed analog controls somewhat)

Rad Rally (fixed analog controls somewhat)

Sonic 3D (fixed analog controls somewhat)

Spectrum 2000 (Background Sound Fixed)

Syvalion (Now Playable Properly)

Players Choices (now single screen bios)

Fire Hawk (Background Sound Fixed)

Cyberball (speed hack added)

1000 Miglia Great 1000 Miles Rally ( Fixed )

Great 1000 Miles Rally Evolution Model (Fixed)

Mille Miglia 2 Great 1000 Miles Rally (Fixed)

Great 1000 Miles Rally 2 (Fixed)

added custom alha fade for video not linked to screenshot

seperated alpha fade and position/size for vertical and horizontal games for pictures and video

added dual screenshot/video support for skinning

added video help now as well as scrolling text (adds 30megs)

added new screensaver mode

added added option to overlay info on random pictures screensaver or random video screensaver

fixed continous scanning though videos now it looks once per line move (if you have alot of video and one is missing it access the 50 times a sec to look)

added option to fast scroll (without preview so it moves rapidly with triggers but no previews at the time of scrolling fast)

added new folders for games / NES / FBA / FB / Genisis / SNES / Old Mame core / XBOX games

added xml into f drive to aid with autolauch of new cores

reintroduced Skin selector screen

Fixed alot of lightgun sources (thanks Mawunit)

added xml to cutom launch games with different core

added oldschool CPS2 or new CPS2 option

----------------------- R4 Build -----------------------

Riot (***Now Playable ***) iq_132 you are the man

Twin Action (Now Playable Properly)

Stagger I (Now Playable Properly)

Red Hawk (Now Playable Properly)

Guardian Storm (Now Playable Properly)

Sen Jin (Now Playable Properly)

Bubble 2000 (Now Playable)

Hot Bubble (Now Playable)

Pop's Pop's (Now Playable)

Mang-Chi (Now Playable)

Spectrum 2000 (Now Playable)

Fire Hawk (Now Playable)

added animation support to skin engine

Added all new Double Dragon 3 (japanese one is alot better)

Updated CP2 games

Street Fighter 2 Anversay edition (Now Playable )

Pheniox edition of CP2 games (Now Playable )

Updated Sega System32 driver (Golden Axe 2, Spiderman etc)

Obviously i like the thought of having new games to try on the old box,it will be interesting to see how the work on the system 32 drivers has come along,also i have been waiting to try spectrum 2000 for a while now so looking forward to trying it out.

the amount of new games we have been able to play lately is great what with coinops,kenshiros work on fbaxxx pro and nes 6502 work on final burn and the soon to be released final burn legends...its all looking rosy.

so like i said guys keep it civil here in this thread thank you.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know what to say at the moment. I thought about doing a similar thread to this, after the one i did about the manufacturers, etc ideas. But following what i saw here and xbox-scene lately, i don't even know what to say or think about coinops. :bye1:

hey BP, I'm new here. I love the emu. I started off on mamex then found mameox then mamedox and then mamedox platinum. I was never really happy with any them. platinum was ok because it played more games then the rest but I was unhappy that I could not add or remove the ROMs I wanted. Then I came across Coinops ignite then I found reignite. I had questions and suggestions but I waited until I read the entire ***CoinOPS re ignite OFFICAL FORUM *** . It took me 3 days to carefully read it over. You closed it about 10 minutes before I was done reading it.

Your very talented, no doubt about it. Your only downfall is that you let the negative comments get the better of you. There's an old sang that says don't feed the trolls.

I had some comments about reignite if you want to here them.

a question for BP.

is it possible to change the way the scrolling of games works to a way like in nes6502 way ? ie when fast scrolling it doesnt show the screens, but is blank and scrolling is faster, the way it is now is slow having to display each screen shot before moving on to the next

I know you said you would add it to the next build, I just wanted to say, I also think that would be a very good feature. I was also thinking it would be great it you could sort by ROM file size. I made a skin for CoinOPS, your welcome to take a look at it if you like...

Edited by Keypel

just to clear some things up,i have recieved a couple of pms concerning coinops r5 or r6 and someone was also asking for a pm for r6.

just so you know i have no idea when any of this stuff will be released as you have seen in other threads the emulator seems to be getting worked on from behind the scenes and im sure when there is a release we will know about it.

the whole point of this thread is to keep the discussion of reginite going so it keeps the interest of the emulator in this forum.

i am in the dark as much as the rest of you but there will be a release at some point im sure.

hopefully that will clear some things up and save some confusion.

So lemme get this straight: BP is working on MAME Xbox, right?

A few people here have given him some flack (myself included in the past) but its absolutely trivial stuff, and nothing like the drama happening over at the Wii homebrew scene (Brakken trying to commit suicide? Waninkoko opening the floodgates to piracy on the Wii?).

Just had to get this out since BP's farewell thread was unfortunately locked. Everyone and i do mean everyone here (trolls included) appreciated the amazing effort you put into the emulator and the unprecedented rapid releases of it.

Edited by 1stmoon

So lemme get this straight: BP is working on MAME Xbox, right?

A few people here have given him some flack, myself included in the past, but its absolutely over trivial stuff, and nothing like the drama happening over at the Wii homebrew scene (Brakken trying to commit suicide? Waninkoko opening the floodgates to piracy on the Wii?).

Just had to get this out since BP's farewell thread was unfortunately locked. Everyone and i do mean everyone (trolls included) appreciated the amazing effort you put into the emulator and the unprecedented rapid releases of it.

just read his post in the farewell thread and you will see that he says he is working on it but when things will get released i dont know.

nothing like the drama happening over at the Wii homebrew scene (Brakken trying to commit suicide? Waninkoko opening the floodgates to piracy on the Wii?).

What the...? What does that mean...? That is crazy...!

Hey fu

Where is this information coming from...?

That is a lot of new and exciting updates... I really hope that it all gets released.:bye1:

I don't post much but had to add my 2 cents

I am greatfull to BP/IQ and Fumanchu for spending the time to improve the program and bring it to the masses.

BP has been kind enough to provide a free program that plays alot a great games

why antagonize the man...its free and he tries to improve it as he can

say "thank you" and be satisfied with what is provided

Edited by eparsox