Upgrading XBMC

Californiadad

I found all the new generation of skins have their own seperate quirks, i personally dont think they are that hard to set-up. Then again we all have different habits and likes n dislikes and differing levels of experience with these tools. I personally prefere the horizontal menu as i have a HD Tv so menus to the left from top to bottom looks odd. In transparency when you enter the settings (from the home menu) some extra tabs and menus are hidden, ie transparency settings, filemanager, sort by etc etc. To access these its just a press of the D-Pad to the left and they slide open. Everything thing else is built around the standards that all skins have. Try it out (2.1 is available somewhere) if you get stuck let me know and i'll see if i can help you.

Man Coin-Ops Showcase is SICK! I love the preview movies. Just wish there was a way to get back to the dash without having to reboot the computer.

if you want to get back to the dash without turning off your xbox just hit the start button to bring up the menu,you will see the option to go back to the dash in there.

did you get any of those emus onto your xbox i sent you??

Yes I did. I got them all loaded in and working great. I even got that mortal combat pack burned on a DVD and plays great as well!!!! I'm going to pop in my 160GB hard drive I just picked up and start burning games over to it. Fun times ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you filling it with emulators n stuff ?

If so you may wish to look at the Xport emulators that have been modified by Madmab

to include video previews amongst other things. Most systems are covered.

An excellent Dynamic skin by Giles9999/Gilou9999 that takes advantage of whats

called "ResXtras". These are packs of video's and High Quality artwork for displaying

in the skin. It gives a very informative but polished appearance to the experience.

Still its nice to know you got through what is usually a very tricky modification proceedure.

NES6502 is releasing his emulator FBA Legends sometime tomorrow.

This will definately be worth the download.

Edited by cba.gy

Are you filling it with emulators n stuff ?

If so you may wish to look at the Xport emulators that have been modified by Madmab

to include video previews amongst other things. Most systems are covered.

An excellent Dynamic skin by Giles9999/Gilou9999 that takes advantage of whats

called "ResXtras". These are packs of video's and High Quality artwork for displaying

in the skin. It gives a very informative but polished appearance to the experience.

Still its nice to know you got through what is usually a very tricky modification proceedure.

NES6502 is releasing his emulator FBA Legends sometime tomorrow.

This will definately be worth the download.

Oh yeah I DL'd the new FBA, But just need to figure out how to correctly load up roms in it.