Need help locking my new HD

Californiadad

Just been thinking. Youve had it modded once (with old hdd). The mod you did updated the dash and kernel. This then updates the info on the machine as well i think. Then you went to mod a large HDD without complete success (hdd wouldnt lock). Now youve formatted the old HDD and trying to rebuild using your installer with your eeprom. The way i see it that eeprom is no longer valid for that motherboard as the onboard file has been changed from the original. I may be wrong but its an idea.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been thinking. Youve had it modded once (with old hdd). The mod you did updated the dash and kernel. This then updates the info on the machine as well i think. Then you went to mod a large HDD without complete success (hdd wouldnt lock). Now youve formatted the old HDD and trying to rebuild using your installer with your eeprom. The way i see it that eeprom is no longer valid for that motherboard as the onboard file has been changed from the original. I may be wrong but its an idea.

Yes thats what I did to the T, But will the eeprom not let the xboxhdm program lock up the hard drives? Almost seems like the program is causing all my issues. atleast I did backup up all the original eeprom info to my PC. Im wondering is the Iso I made is bad, and thats why it's not letting me lock up any drive at all. What about cloning another soft modded xbox drive with my bad drive? Are there any other hard drive locking programs other than xboxhdm.

Edited by Californiadad

What Fu said. I had no idea that upgrading the hard drive on a soft mod could be so complicated. You could also do a TSOP flash, same effect as a modchip really.

Sorry, that's where you do a bit of soldering here and there and it allows you to flash the TSOP with a modified bios, giving you the same benifits of having a modchip, without actually having one. There a tutorials on it. You can of course ruin your Xbox if you do it wrong, but that's true of most things really.

If is some how burned the ISO or placed the wrong files in the ISO, would that make it so im unable to lock the HD?

I dont think so, lockability of the disc doesnt depend by what you wrote in it. The only problem of a bad iso or of a bad password locking would be a boot error in the console.

Edited by letmealone