Need help locking my new HD

Californiadad

Ive never actually used the lock/unlock as ive never had it work for me. I used Kinroaches installer with no eeprom using the hotswap method, being sure to include the correct dash and kernel for your unmodded box when building your iso. Then as soon as i power down the xbox it locks the hdd anyway. From there you can update the dash n kernel once it successfully boots.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I wrote it down, I wrote everything down. When I reboot the drive and select option #3 in XBOXHDM 1.9, it shows the password. Is it possible I messed up in the making of the ISO image when I was backing up all the info? At lest I have my Eprom back up in like 3 different places.

If you builded correctly from scratch the new hdd in XBOXHDM using the backup of the old hdd and then you lock it with the right password, it should work. Are you sure that you lock it using the right password ? The password depends not only by the EEPROM but also by the hdd serial number. This is the reason because Liveinfo doesnt need only the XBox EEPROM backup but also the new hdd connected to pc. I think you should try this sequence:

-with liveinfo in the pc and the new hdd connected to the pc, you calculate the right password

-with the cd generated by XBOXHDM you build from scratch the new hdd

-with the cd generated by XBOXHDM you lock manually the hdd using the password generated by liveinfo

If you builded correctly from scratch the new hdd in XBOXHDM using the backup of the old hdd and then you lock it with the right password, it should work. Are you sure that you lock it using the right password ? The password depends not only by the EEPROM but also by the hdd serial number. This is the reason because Liveinfo doesnt need only the XBox EEPROM backup but also the new hdd connected to pc. I think you should try this sequence:

-with liveinfo in the pc and the new hdd connected to the pc, you calculate the right password

-with the cd generated by XBOXHDM you lock manually the hdd using the password generated by liveinfo

Okay, So I run LiveInfo in windows right? Also I downloaded live info and unzipped it, But I see ne .EXE file. Can you direct me to a reliable download link?

Ok I have found a good tutorial on how to lock a sotmodded hard drive:

Necessary Equipment:

1) xboxhdm 1.9 (Found at xbins’ in the directory: /XBOX/Operating Systems/linux/distributions)

not sure if you've used xbins, you will need to access it in order to get the "xbox hdm 1.9" app. Xbins is a big repository of all things xbox but must be accesed in a certain way. here is a link to utility that makes xbins very easy to access: http://www.360mods.net/index.php?name=Down...tails&id=29 - use this to go into xbins and download xbox hdm 1.9 using the path mentioned

2) Torx 10 And Torx 20 Screwdrivers - To Open XBOX

3) A Spare/Blank PC Hardrive

you may have to wipe your drive :boxing: the 40gb one that is

4) FTP Program (AceFTP, SmartFTP etc.)

use this http://software.visicommedia.com/en/products/aceftpfreeware/

5) A blank CD-R/W and A CD Burner

Right, got all that? good :rolleyes: now look at this tutorial and follow it step by step, it sounds like you already have the eeprom data etc but just go through it again and hopefully this should work mate.

TUTORIAL ON HOW TO LOCK SOFT MODDED XBOX BELOW

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/203286

You may have already done this step - taken from the tutorial:

Steps:

1. On your xbox's evox dashboard go to system utils and select backup. While your waiting for that to finish, extract all files in xboxhdm 1.9 to your PC'S hard drive and open up the folder 'linux'. In that folder is a folder called 'eeprom'. Once the backup is complete, on your PC run the desired FTP program and access your xbox. Go to E:\ backup_linux\ and download a file called 'eeprom.bin' to the xboxhdm\linux\eeprom folder of on your PC’s hard drive. Then go to the root of your xbox and download the full folders of C:\ and E:\ to your PC's hard drive to the xboxhdm\linux folder and overwrite the ones already there.

If you cannot putin original xbox hard drive to the xbox to complete this step and you already have the data mentioned above you can use it to move to step 2 :starwars:

Good luck mate keep at it you'll get there :cheers:

Edited by sbpaabck

Okay, So I run LiveInfo in windows right? Also I downloaded live info and unzipped it, But I see ne .EXE file. Can you direct me to a reliable download link?

try here: http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/~xbox/xbox-scene...6-Yoshihiro.rar

PS if you need any more help just pipe up, let us know how it goes mate :rolleyes:

pps check above again if you have already just added loads of stuff

Just thought better print out the instructions so you can do this without the use of the interent :starwars: in DOS no-one can here you SCREAM

Right, Thank you guys for all your help! I'm following all the steps in XboxHdm 1.9 to the T, and the part I keep getting stuck on is the (lock HD) area.

No matter what I do it will not let me lock the hard drive. Just for shits-n-giggles I reformatted my stock 8GB xbox drive, and when I went to re-lock it, it would not let me. When I type in "LockHD -a" is give me "Aborted" checking HD status, and gives me some info about the drive. So I'm lost. I know my original xbox drive is lockable................Gosh I have a headace. I feel like im so close yet so far!!!!