Component cables on xbox!

fumanchu

Cant remember where i got mine from (ebay shop i think) i ordered 5 sets for myself and other people, the price seems about right though. Even though they were cheap both myself and the other people have had no problems.

yeah i got the hd cables,its actually very easy tos et up your xbox for hd with the video switcher in fact its a piece of piss.

xbmc does look good in hd and i am loving the rapier skin.now when it comes to emus on hd i have a slight niggle about that.the gui of all the emulators look fantastic but its the games i have an issue with.

lets say for example i have the emu set at 720p load up a game and when i am actually playing the game be it on any emulator i just find the games look.......well its not what i was expecting i actually prefer the look of the games in 480p through a scart cable believe it or not.i know i should try using different filters.

can anyone recommend some software and hardware filter options they use in hd which might help change my mind???

by the way though actually playing xbox game in hd is the shit,especially dead or alive ultimate 2 in 720p.this game looks as good as dead or alive 4 on the 360,dare i say it maybe even better.

also ninja gaiden black looks fantastic in 720p as well.

yeah i got the hd cables,its actually very easy tos et up your xbox for hd with the video switcher in fact its a piece of piss.

xbmc does look good in hd and i am loving the rapier skin.now when it comes to emus on hd i have a slight niggle about that.the gui of all the emulators look fantastic but its the games i have an issue with.

lets say for example i have the emu set at 720p load up a game and when i am actually playing the game be it on any emulator i just find the games look.......well its not what i was expecting i actually prefer the look of the games in 480p through a scart cable believe it or not.i know i should try using different filters.

can anyone recommend some software and hardware filter options they use in hd which might help change my mind???

by the way though actually playing xbox game in hd is the shit,especially dead or alive ultimate 2 in 720p.this game looks as good as dead or alive 4 on the 360,dare i say it maybe even better.

also ninja gaiden black looks fantastic in 720p as well.

FB XXX Pro 1.26 and Final Burn

Hardware - Bilinear

Software - Scanlines

Res: 1080i

Then make sure you adjust screensize to compensate for overscan. If you get it right....looks fantastic. I know what you mean, when I first upgraded to HD, I thought, christ!...looks crap!....but, using these settings, looks awsome!

Hope that helps.

It takes a little fine tuning to get them as close to what you want them. Im far from experienced with filters so im guessing you have more of a clue than i do. Others may have nice set-ups already. Just wait for any tips from people really and obviously some tinkering by your good self. Would be interested to read reports of your findings.

Edited by cba.gy

2 years i play xbox games on my hdtv now, so my best settings:

for fbaxxx pro:

720p (always 720p to avoid slowdowns and memory issues, even with xbmc, 720p makes all smooth and fluid))

hardware filter: none

software filter: 3*SCALE!!!

and... it is perfect!, it is the only combinaison in 720p where the games are FLUID and SMOOTH (no slowdowns in animation, no blur!). It is perfect with neogeo games but can be too memory intensive with some cps2 games

for Xports emulators i use (720p as always)

hardware filter: Advance mame2* (all the other filters create slodowns.. or blur)

software filter: trilinear

looks excellent, fluid and smooth, no blur

for the aspect ratio, i always use my guide we discussed with Cospefogo

f_correctscrem_1671700.jpg

not really, i think i've gone as far as it could be...

ah yes perheaps one thing:

always play with us roms (launch goodtools on your roms to be sure it's the case)

us roms are 60hz (animation is more fluid and smooth, music plays at the correct speed, lot better!) when 50hz games are... crappy (less fluid, music isn't played at the correct speed, etc...)

Play with us roms (and set your xport emus to region/usa (x before launching a game))