Rapier skin for XBMC (error)

Californiadad

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but you must still have some files for the installer to install. Im presuming your softmod comes with the xbox dash and the unleashx dash modded. If so your good to go. I see you copied the c drive files.

Edited by cba.gy

Son-Of-A B.....nothing is going to be easy for me. I'm following this step-by-step http://www.techfreaks.org/articles/modxbox2.shtml

And im going good all the way untill I get to the lockingHD part. I type in the cmd to Lockhd -a, and it tells me abort. checking hd status.

Not letting me lock the hard drive i guess.

here are the specs of my HD

40GB Deskstar

Model# IC35L040AVER07-0

HD firmware ER40A44A

HD Ser# SXPTXPV8366

If you cant lock the hard drive then that drive is a no go for softmods. It is a requirement of the xbox dash, to which the softmod needs the xbox dash to be bootable. You could mess around for ages with online tools that claim to lock certain brands. Trust me ive tried quite a few. Pop the old one back in and when you can afford a new one treat yourself. If you want to get into emulators then probably a 160gb should be the minimum. Im presuming your a, shall we say, not a youngster now, so put your hand in your pocket and get a new one mate !

Edited by cba.gy

I remember I couldn't get anything to lock for my mates xbox before, so frusrated, I just stuck the HDD in the xbox after the locking claimed to have failed, and it worked and HAD locked the drive, so try that.

Oh really< it wont harm anything if it didn't work? Guees ill try it. I let ya know.