Rapier skin for XBMC (error)

Californiadad

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what youve done. Simple mistake anyone could do it, ive done it a couple of times on different machines and i know what im doing with them tools. Im guessing your softmod has created a shadow C:\ drive using an unleashx engine as the dash. Yes ? Get the xbox to some sort of bootable state. Use a file browser (on the xbox) and browse to e:\.

You should have a dash folder. Put the raw contents of the xbmc build in there. The shadow c:\ drive has a shortcut pointing to an xbe in the e:\dash folder. Try that, any problems post back and i will show you a proper admin trick for that setup if its needed.

I know what youve done. Simple mistake anyone could do it, ive done it a couple of times on different machines and i know what im doing with them tools. Im guessing your softmod has created a shadow C:\ drive using an unleashx engine as the dash. Yes ? Get the xbox to some sort of bootable state. Use a file browser (on the xbox) and browse to e:\.

You should have a dash folder. Put the raw contents of the xbmc build in there. The shadow c:\ drive has a shortcut pointing to an xbe in the e:\dash folder. Try that, any problems post back and i will show you a proper admin trick for that setup if its needed.

That did it, worked like a charm!! Question on upgrading my HD, I folled all the steps and made an Iso File, but when i goto write to CD it's bigger than the CD? 1134MB and all CD's that I can find are only 700MB Did I make my Iso image wrong

You havent been very descriptive there so im gonna guess again here. When you made the initial iso im betting theres still a linux.iso in the folder which has now been added to your new iso therefore inflating the size. Or youve made a back up of your current config with extra stuff installed that doesnt come with a clean install.

No i dont suppose youve done anything wrong. You need to burn that to a dvd dont you.

As far as an install goes build a fresh new one with just eeprom added. Clean installs are always best.

Pop in new hdd, build. Transfer anything you need back. This way you know that everything

is as it should be and avoids headaches further down the road when you launch something

and it starts to play up. Honestly, taking shortcuts always leads to tears in the end. Having to build from scratch

also gives you practice and a deeper understanding of whats going on. To unlock the hidden shadow c:\ partition

in that particular softmod you browse to e:\ again, look for a folder called nt (something). There is a xbe inside, launch that and it boots unleashx but with the shadow c:\ unlocked. This is good for changing fan speeds or changing to HD.