End of FBA-XXX Pro

Hi,

I started this topic to notice i will definitly stop to work on FBA-XXX Pro.

I had this idea months ago, time is come to make her effective. I'll be short on the reasons, no need to write 300 lines.

First one, it's now clear for me that leading a project who isn't my project is really stupid lol. By leading the project i had to deal with my own bugs, which is not a problem, the problem is i have to deal with the bugs who were already in it when i started my work. Bugs in HD support, in some inputs whatever. I'm not blaming people who were working on it, that's not the purpose, i just mean i don't wanna be annoying for that, and people have no remorse to do it. As i'm leading the project too, a lot of people believe i'm the man behind everything. They never heard about Lantus, Gogoackman and also +T+. I don't wanna get the credits for something who is not for at least 90% my work, it will be too easy.

Second one, the work who have been done is 100% drivers related. With the help of iq_132, we try to port the latest and more accurate drivers from the official FBA. Some systems has required a looooot of work, i think to Neogeo and PGM for example, and all drivers who need a VMM as Cave, Psikyo, Asura Blade, CPS2. Now just help me to understand:

- Why the section "others" always cause problems. Crash when entering games, when exiting games, when entering in game menu. Why half of Sega drivers doesn't draw, why Bio Mechanical Toy draws garbage etc... Long time ago i was thinking the problem comes from me, but it's definitly not the case.

- Why launching a Neogeo game will cause 50% of times a crash when launching a game in "others" section (randomly BTW...). I'm 100% sure there's no leak in the Neogeo code, some people have a try with that code in their own builds and didn't get that kind of problems. I know i already noticed that in the 1.28, and FBA-XXX (so the problem comes from that one).

Regarding to this problems, i started some massive core cleanup few months ago, starting by removing useless files (30% of the FBA-XXX sources files, nice!) and take a look in the UI and options code. I give up two days after, as i understood immediatly i will do nothing. That's simple, i can't even read some parts of code. So modify something will probably results in much problems. i think there is a huge difference between writing a code and get it work, and writing a code in a way - which allows people to read it and understand it easily, and allows them to update it in the future. At this point FBA-XXX is pretty much a nightmare.

Last point, a large amount of latest FBA drivers use a different Z80 than before, the MAME Z80. So porting this one is necessary to get run a lot of games. At this point, i can't remove the old Z80 support, due to the weirdest compiling issue i ever seen. Before killing me with a rope, i sent my sources to iq_132, and he has exactly the same problem lmao. In theory what supposed to be removing - adding files to project - is now a nightmare. So adding more drivers in the future is impossible lol.

I just want to precise to you +T+ that all i'm saying it's not against you (not even against everyone lol), i know you were doing exactly what i did, working on the drivers, and you put your work in FBA-XXX as he is. It's a good emulator but the way he was writing causes too much troubles actually - so i give up.

The purpose of that topic is also to post the real things me and iq_132 have been working on, the drivers themselves, to give them to communauty, and also for those who are working on others FBA build, as Nes6502. I know you already put my Neogeo code in your build (i'm really happy of that ^^), feel free to use or not the rest as PGM, Asura Blade... And the Psikyo SH. Those one aren't include, as i don't wanna people stole them - i could send you them if you want lol.

FBA 0.297.06 ported to Xbox

Thanks to all the people who give support or help to test the games, or working on news skins:

Bonky, Garcimak, Jackc, Fumanchu, Gilou9999, Gavin19, Neoryu, Iceman, Cbagy, Neil2222, hellfury, X-Hellfury-X, Waal, Cospefogo, Tulius, Fosamax, stf, bulge2, OOKAMI, Chiemik, Vegita, Vegita8888, wurz3ll, Chrom, Lordpro and all those i forget here.

I think it's useless to thanks iq_132 lmao, but thanks even dude. For the motivation you gave me, your advices, your insane shit... lol

Good luck everyone.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why you weren't that much on msn bro

It's a sad news for all of us, just hope you will enjoy your real life without any drivers problems lol

We can be happy: your neo geo code is perfect! i play with neo geo everyday and it's a real pleasure to play neo so accurate with the full intros (magician lord, shock troopers, etc...) full animations (blazing stars bkg etc....)and more smooth it has never been! It's by far the best neo geo experience you can have onto the xbox

p.s.: good news to see nes6502 will grabb the code, it will mean your perfect neo geo games code with the perfect gui( video previews, rombrowser elements adjust, etc...?)can't wait to see.. the future (just hope the next nes6502 build will have cps1 and 2 too with your cps1 and 2 code, possible?)

Edited by Gilou9999

Well done Kenshiro, i understand what you mean about inherrited bugs. "All" ports to the xbox carry over code thats not compatible. We still to this day, have emulators with code commented out, useless folder structures etc. Which is clutter and can only cause problems. Good luck Kenshiro, sit back and play the games like the rest of us.

Just wanted to say kenshiro, that you and iq_132 have done some amazing work on this emulator. It's everything I wish I could've done with it if only I'd had the skills. And yes I know what you mean about the code it is an absolute nightmare. :)

Good luck in whatever else you do.