How to change the manufacturer info on CoinOPS?

Enkak

after the things that happened last days, i saw myself looking to my old threads on xbox-scene, on compability lists of mame-x and ox (among others), with users giving feedback and help, tracking bugs, etc, similar to the thread here on drivers sugestions. And then i noticed the date, 2003 on xbox-scene, how the time flies.

But they were good times, and Mameox B3 came from it, with all the help from people and feedback, with xport help also in the end.

when the new releases of coinops started, with the new drivers by iq_132 and following all the feedback, it remembered me of those good old times, people helping eachother, users and developers.

so, i don't really understand how someone can focus on the negative stuff instead of the very positive thing that was happening here. Trust me, it's rare, and it feels like a missed opportunity now, not letting it go all the way.

best wishes on what you decide to do in the future and thx again. :lol:

Edited by Enkak

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it wasnt like the old days......theres alot of stuff happened that I havnt told you, Ive warned you guys if you really think the users were helping then its because you dont know what was happening around the place. Developers and helpers are aware at least in part of more than they are saying. If it had been just the stuff on this forum that is minor but there is alot happening all around and none of it positive. But they have got there wishes at least from a public point a view

As you may have noticed already, when i have an idea or suggestion, or if i am against something why not, i try to fundament it and explain the reasons, that way it's always easier to have a better picture of the idea you're trying to get across, or even for people to talk about it :lol:

Maybe i don't know what was happening completely (it's true, since i was away for so long), but i have a thing to ignore certain kind of comments and focus only on the positive stuff. :P

Some users were helping, some still want to do it and others were always there to thank you, and still are. Then you had the opposite side and everytime they sent you a troll bait, you fell to it, instead of ignore it. Also, some technical stuff of coding and so on, it's always better by pm and private instead of public.

Public you go for few topics with focus on testing and feedback (trying to be polite), never letting the offtopic and troll baits get you or the topics themselves. It must be that way if the moderators don't do it first, or else you meltdown. I'm talking here or everywhere.

saying they got their wishes is doing exactly what they wanted then, so, they win.

Fumanchu's new topic 'CoinOPS reignite Updates Unofficial thread' could be a good way to start anew. Updates, feedback, ideas, with a strong hand and focus on that. You just have to ignore the rest. :)

the nature of my leaving is so no one can use stuff against me if they dont know what happening :lol: hench I wont be posting stuff about projects anymore....anything else is all good. The trolling and silly comments is only one side of the nature of the beast. Im partly leaving due to some other people that support the project have also had big issues to some that dwel around and they dont want to deal with it also. Although the painfull people think they know all, like no sources etc but they need to look right in front of there eyes more, they know only a small amount. Ill leave it at that.

But basically CoinOPS must be underground now trust me it will be easier for everyone concerned

I understand that, what i couldn't understand is if you stopped development because of those things that happened.

Underground is good for development (the thing about going private exactly), and let be on public the updates (when they exist) ideas, feedback and help from the users. And the new topic being created by fumanchu and not you it's a good idea also. Generally, when it's that way, the topics flow better if they are created by the 'users'. :lol:

Edited by Enkak

those last few days on the forums where to see if I could stop the behavour....but I couldnt it was plain to see...I warned all users in a public forum and was even encoraged to do this. It was being set in stone at that time for a while and im well aware of alot of stuff behind the scenes that maybe your helpfull friends can tell you about one day . Anyways as said it was warned many times over a few weeks it obious it was only going to get worse and the helpfull people were only going to make life less helpful. This means no updates at all ever from me on progress on anything im doing, its painfull on more than just forum fronts. You guys can discuss this all you want Ill look occassionally but no real updates and the direction is now heading totally away from what you have seen, it would have been good release the final Oldschool mameox build I did but that is being killed off now as we speak (you can ask a few around here they know whats happening with my thoughts and directions and allways claim to know, just ask them whats happening :lol: and trust they them they are nice people with no movtives or underhanded ways just plain honest people )

I'm not sure what 'helpful friends' are you talking about, but anyway, it's your emulator, your work and so on. In the end, it's your decision, so good luck in your projects and things you decide to do in the future.

Life's too short to worry about trivial things and emulators should be used to have a fun and relive memories, not to make your 'real' life more difficult.

peace. :lol:

Edited by Enkak

no worries :)good luck to you as well....

PS if you hex edit mamedox.xbe of mamedox to have the save game save name as coinops you should be able to run CoinOPS launcher with manfactures but it will only play mamedox games

it looks like you can just change the version number in romstatus.xml and then change the skin elemnt to point to version in stead of manufacture (would be nice to have a switch ) but its a quick d it yourself hack that will work no worries by looks

Hmm ok, i will have to try that, thx. :P

Btw, i'm thinking i could have found some sort of bug yesterday, regarding this same kind of info.

I'm not sure if it's related to the number of games, but when i made a dvd with 1040 games, everything was fine. After i did another version, that now has 1050 games, the genre info doen't appear and always gives an 'invalid' error if you press 'Y' to see the games by manufacturer on the frontend. I tried 2 dvds, and always the same. Weird. :lol:

Edited by Enkak

Hmm, but what i'm talking about happens after i clean everything (delete udata and tdata saves) and go for testing a new dvd/build of coinops with 1050 (or more) games.

Basically, when loading for the first time coinops now on those new dvds with 1050 games, the genre info doesn't appear correctly. The first time you load appears as 'unknown' and the second time doesn't appear at all.

That didn't happen on the ones with 1040 games or less, since i always used the emulator the same way untill now. Maybe it's a coincidence, not sure at the moment. :unsure:

PS: This solution: "Q - I cant see the Catagories of my games what do I do

A - Press START on the games selection page and select Scan All Your Games this is sometimes required after a fresh start"

doesn't work also. weird

Edited by Enkak