Short Trip

Sometimes my parents get spontaneous urges to go on short trips. Our last trip which was just over the weekend consisted of a ride two New Jersey after visiting my bro who is currently down by New York City. The traffic down there is horrendous in Jersey, we nearly got rear ended several times. The trip paid off in the end, a decent hotel and dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. I accidentally, well not accidentally ordered the Orleans Steam Pot not knowing it was blazing spicy. My mouth was on fire the whole time we were there.

The ride there and back wasn't comfortable, cramped in a small car with my family the duration of the 4 - 7 hour trip.

For me, it would depend what car... once upon a time, I had to go on a 5 hour ride in the back seat of a Cavalier. I'm pretty tall and the back ceiling of the car wasn't so I ended up bumping my head on the roof every time the car hit a bump in the road. Not an enjoyable experience. ;)

About six or seven hours to New Jersey if driven straight, our earlier destination was about four or five hours away from where I live. Riding in a small cramped car is not fun especially when you have to share the back seat with your younger annoying sister who sounds like a cat scratching a chalkboard when she is singing along to her Kidz Bop CD. ;)

I love driving on long trips. I don't like being a passanger though. let me drive and control the radio and I am happy all day. when I was driving a truck an 11 hour drive was a normal day.

I love driving on long trips. I don't like being a passanger though. let me drive and control the radio and I am happy all day. when I was driving a truck an 11 hour drive was a normal day.

You should be a truck driver.

You should be a truck driver.

I was for a year. the driving part is great. the company part is not.