My first MAME arcade cabinet project using an xbox

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a NEOGEO MVS-2 at auction for 300.00 mint condition...original monitor and everything

MVS-2-25.jpg

Then I got one of these...

http://ultimarc.com/xba.php

xbox-jpac.jpg

You need the Xbox to JAMMA adapter at the bottom...Then just wire your speakers through an amp...I made it so everything turns on with a wall switch.

Then you get UnleashX dashboard and use the "scrolling wheel" design and make it have all your FBA-XXX roms launch directly with video preview...you can customize further by changing your loading screens to black to give it more arcadey feel...also I took retail games like Capcom Vs. SNK and Marvel Vs. capcom for Xbox and hex edited the Default.xbe so that instead of flashing "Press Start" durring the attract mode it says "Insert Coin"...Its just cosmetic but when the attract mode for these games is running now it looks exactly like the arcade attractt mode!

After you get everything set up you can go back into Mameox or FBA-XXX and set it to safety mode so that no one can mess it up...these options were added specifically for us cab owners!

:bounce:

Edited by sammaz

@californiadad concerning the xbmc dash if i was you i would just downlaod some skins for evox as it can be a problem replacing a dash on a softmodded xbox,basically its easy to F it up.

Oh really, Darn cause I just got XBMC loaded up, looks great!! I was trying to DL the rapier skin but, the zip file keeps saying its corrupt??

Tried a few different zip programs. No go