Final Burn v1.1 New Skin

NEIL222

I made up a new skin for this cracking little emu.

This is a preview of the 640 x 480 version, working on the 1280 x 720 version now...

newfbaskinnesmockupothe.jpg

Once finished I'll put up a link for anyone interested in it. ;)

EDIT:

Hey Guys,

Skin all finished, here are the download links for my skins:

640 x 480 Skin: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mwzjkw5yl1i

1280 x 720 Skin: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2zdymzjajxt

1920 x 1080 Skin:

(Removed link, See reason below, in thread)

Hope you like it.

Edited by NEIL222

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made up a new skin for this cracking little emu.

This is a preview of the 640 x 480 version, working on the 1280 x 720 version now...

newfbaskinnesmockupothe.jpg

Once finished I'll put up a link for anyone interested in it. ;)

looks good...yeah i would have that.

If anyone has it setup with all rom names & screenshot position/sizes correct on their 1920 x 1080 TV,

would you be so kind as to post your finalburn.ini file, so that I could include it in the skin pack for that one.

Cheers. :D

nes kindly informed me that the 1080 skin won't work because....

"There isn't enough RAM left to display those images.

The others work fine though. The best way to fix that is to setup

the emulator in 1080i but with the images from the 720p skin. That works great."

Sorry for any confusion this may cause 1080 users.

Its hard to test these things when I don't have an HD TV yet.... :)

Didn't see the point in making another thread about this, but I made this yesterday:

rombrowser.png

It's what would have been the background for the Sega section of my updated Legends skin for FBA-XXX Pro 1.30, if the new system categories had been added. Seen as that's not going to happen now, I thought it might make a good skin for this Sega only emu. I just added the button icons and I was done basically. There's a big problem though. I can't change the emu's UI font colour from white to something darker. So the writing doesn't show up for shit against my light background. If I could change the font colour I'd release this. It would come with a background soundtrack taken from the Sega Ages remake of Golden Axe (Which sucks balls as a game, but has a brilliant rerecording of the original soundtrack).

@ Nes, would you consider using system categories (like in FBA-XXX Pro where you press L/R to switch between them) for the UI of Final Burn Legends? If so, I have matching backgrounds made for CPS1, CPS2, Neo Geo, Cave, Psikyo, Konami, Toaplan, Sega (this one) and Others, all with their own background soundtrack medley, almost ready to be used. Just need to make 720p versions, which won't take long. Gilou also has a skin which was meant for the now cancelled FBA-XXX Pro 1.30, with the same categories made, which I'm sure could be used too. I'm sure you'll want to make your own skin, but if you did add categories, and the ability to choose between multiple skins like in Zsnesxbox, the skins that me and Gilou made for FBA-XXX Pro don't have to go to waste as they could be alternates.

I can post what my other backgrounds look like if you're interested.

Also, for anyone interested, I will be releasing my updated Legends skin for FBA-XXX Pro even though Kenshiro isn't working on it anymore. I just need to do the 720p backgrounds and get someone to sort out the 720p xml for me. (No HDTV for my Xbox still) It will just have the current four categories and will retain the soundtrack from the original version of the skin. Gilou's new skin was already released a while ago, but I don't think it got linked to here. It's very nice. It was going to be the new default skin for FBA-XXX Pro if the new categories had been added.

I like the top one better. Then again, what the f*** do i know. lol.

You must soon move away from that template BP. It will wear thin very quickly.

Ps. It is a little cracker though.

Edited by cba.gy