Final Burn 1.1

nes6502

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey nes...offer still stands mate if you want a beta tester....done some of that stuff in my time...lol.

K

Thanks to everyone who offered to beta test. Once the first release is out, then everyone can post what games break, crash the Xbox, etc... The newest core supports over 2700 games. No way I can test all of them. I updated the core to the latest FBA. I could probably do another Final Burn if there were any games people wanted me to add. I'd like to keep it Sega games, or games not emulated anywhere else on the Xbox, but that's not a rule.

The games I put in 1.0 and 1.1 were requested specifically. FBL is still a few weeks away at least.

Are the Sega games not going to be in Final Burn Legends then?

Yes. Final Burn will become obsolete when FBL comes out. I was just asking in case there were any games people wanted to be able play before FBL comes out.

Hey nes...offer still stands mate if you want a beta tester....done some of that stuff in my time...lol.

K

Thanks to everyone who offered to beta test. Once the first release is out, then everyone can post what games break, crash the Xbox, etc... The newest core supports over 2700 games. No way I can test all of them. I updated the core to the latest FBA. I could probably do another Final Burn if there were any games people wanted me to add. I'd like to keep it Sega games, or games not emulated anywhere else on the Xbox, but that's not a rule.

The games I put in 1.0 and 1.1 were requested specifically. FBL is still a few weeks away at least.

if you wish to release an update to final burn then there are these sega games you cant play on xbox and i would like to try.

bullet

fantasy zone2(system E arcade hardware)

sonic boom

M.V.P

dunk shot

crack down

gain ground

scramble spirits

these are the only sega games i can think of that you cant play because of fd encrytpion or just hasnt been updated past mame 0.84.

does the new update allow desert breaker and dd crew to be playable nes?

Yes. Final Burn will become obsolete when FBL comes out. I was just asking in case there were any games people wanted to be able play before FBL comes out.

Excellent. Dunno if you saw my post in Neil's skin thread, but I now have an idea how to change the font. Though there's not much point in me releasing that skin for Final Burn really if it's soon to be super-seeded by Legends. Still, if you did see that post, what's your plan for Legend's GUI/Skin? Does the idea of system categories like FBA-XXX Pro take you? It would make sense to me when you've got over 2700 games. Having them all in one long list would be ok, but breaking them down into categories by system/hardware groups seems logical to me. Like the way you can filter the games in FBA on the PC. I could post the backgrounds I have made for each category if it was at all likely that they could be used.

Edited by The-Ice-Man

Excellent. Dunno if you saw my post in Neil's skin thread, but I now have an idea how to change the font. Though there's not much point in me releasing that skin for Final Burn really if it's soon to be super-seeded by Legends. Still, if you did see that post, what's your plan for Legend's GUI/Skin? Does the idea of system categories like FBA-XXX Pro take you? It would make sense to me when you've got over 2700 games. Having them all in one long list would be ok, but breaking them down into categories by system/hardware groups seems logical to me. Like the way you can filter the games in FBA on the PC. I could post the backgrounds I have made for each category if it was at all likely that they could be used.

The filters built in now are

CPS1

CPS2

NeoGeo

CPS1 + CPS2

CPS1 + CPS2 + NeoGeo

Megadrive

Cave

PGM

Year (dozens of sub filters)

Manufacturer (dozens of sub filters)

Genre (dozens of sub filters like Vertical shooters, Fighters 2D, Fighters Versus, Maze, Driving, etc...)

That's good, I'd suggest also adding Konami, Psikyo, Sega (For the non Mega Drive ones) and Toaplan, assuming the games for those are going to be present. But what I was getting at is the idea of having a different visual background for each system. I'm guessing it's a no, and you'll have one background, with one romlist, and a button to switch filters.

Is there a way of getting the Sega32 games into FBL? Like "Golden Axe 2 Revenge of Death Adder" and "Spiderman"?, they would go nicely with the other sega games.

Also have you ever considered adding Neogeo CD games into FBL? I've been waiting years for a decent NeogeoCD emulator for xbox.:)

K

Nes.....as you have asked for some suggestions, couple below:

Alex Kidd : The Lost Stars

Fantasy Zone

Wonder Boy III : Monster Lair

E-Swat

Sonic Boom

Line of Fire

Alien Storm

D.D. Crew

Desert Breaker

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker

Shadow Dancer

I know most of these are emulated in other emu's....but, the games in FB so far look closer to the arcade, if you know what I mean. Also, there are some system32 games that would be good to include, but I don't know if you want them in/or too much like hard work? For instance, Rad Mobile is unplayable in any other emu...the steering has issues.

K

Edited by oldpainless