Final Burn 1.1

nes6502

nes6502 thanks for this amazing emu! but I need some help ;), I put some games in the rom folder but when I launch the emulator I cant see any of them in the gui... the emulator starts and I can access the option screen but when I move up or down the controller pad in the main screen it crashes. I tried editing the file path.ini and moved the roms to another location but it didnt work, any hints are much appreciated :P

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nes6502 thanks for this amazing emu! but I need some help ;), I put some games in the rom folder but when I launch the emulator I cant see any of them in the gui... the emulator starts and I can access the option screen but when I move up or down the controller pad in the main screen it crashes. I tried editing the file path.ini and moved the roms to another location but it didnt work, any hints are much appreciated :P

the reson your roms are not showing up is because you will be using the wrong roms,you need the correct named roms in order for them to show up.

basically roms from mame 134.

thanks for your answer fumanchu but I think I have the correct roms as I already tested them in FBA 029706, I just cant figure what´s wrong ;), I tried the emu in E, F and G drives and I get the same result.

strange that,you sould maybe try doing a clean install of them emu.delete the gamesaves for final burn 1.1 and reinstall the emu.

Please post your Path.ini

Hi Xbuser (and everyone else)

I had the EXACT same problem that you describe, and for a little while I was convinced that Final Burn didn't work... However, it's coded by the AWESOME NES6502 (thanks SOOOOO much for ZSnex NES!!!), so OF COURSE it works. Here is how I fixed the problem and hopefully it might work for you too Xbuser.

Firstly, as has already correctly been suggested by fumanchu, make sure you have the right ROMs, but equally importantly, be careful HOW you transfer them onto your Xbox. When I FTP'ed them to my Xbox, for some reason, all the directories and ROM names were changed into CAPITAL letters. As soon as I deleted these, and re-transferred using XBMC (samba) the directories and ROMs were all back in lower case and.... Hey Presto!!! IT WORKS!!! :D :D :D

Hopefully this might work for you too Xbuser?

One quick question for anyone who might know - are there any analog settings for Final Burn, as analogue steering on Turbo Outrun, Power Drift etc etc would be SOOO cool. B)

Cheers!

how are things coming along with your fba legends emulator nes?

Finished updating the core to the latest FBA tonight. Now working on getting all the VM code added so CPS2, NeoGeo, PGM, and Cave games work.

Then I will work on bugs in the GUI