Final Burn 1.1

nes6502

nes whats your thoughts on add this core to CoinOPS? I have alot of code around this stuff and CoinOPS has 2 xbes one to launch the games and then the core to drive the game on completion it just boots the default.xbe again. If you wish to work together I would help you add the dual core stuff (as CoinOPS will never be able to run alot of these especially at the same speed)

Well, it wouldn't be that difficult. In fact you could use the FBA.xbe file as-is. In CoinOps, you would do the following:

Required

1) Put the Path.ini in the root of CoinOps

2) Put the FinalBurn.ini in the ini folder of CoinOps.

3) Start CoinOps

Optional:

4) Read the D:\ini\FinalBurn.ini file and store all the values.

5) When a user changes an option, save the D:\ini\FinalBurn.ini file with the appropriate changes.

Required

6) When a user picks a Final Burn game (like Power Drift), write a file to the Z partition called "game.txt" with one line (in this example it would be ROM=pdrift)

Example:

FILE* f;

string game = "pdrift";

f = fopen("Z:\\game.txt" , "w+");

fprintf(f, "%s%s\n", "ROM=", game.c_str());

fclose(f);

7) Run FBA.xbe

8 - When FBA.xbe starts it will try to find Z:\game.txt, read the one line (ROM=pdrift), then looks in the ROM path from Path.ini for pdrift.zip. It deletes the Z:\game.txt file and starts the emulation.

9) When a user exits, FBA.xbe will start default.xbe (which would be the CoinOps GUI)

That's the simplest solution. If you wanted to get rid of my in game GUI or add configurable controls, then it would be a lot more work.

Edited by nes6502

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This crashes/freezes my xbox on shutdown. Same as the last release...

It's never crashed for me on shutdown. Not sure why it crashes on your Xbox.

i had this happen to me in the last release a couple of times.it was when you changed one of the filters and a game like say powerdrift would crash.then when you reset the xbox and loaded up the emulator again and set the filter to let say no filter then the game would work fine,but when you tried to exit out of the emulator to return the dash it would crash.what i did to fix this was to delete the gamsave in the t and u data folders in my e drive.

obviously there isnt this problem anymore in the new biuld.

chrisw80 i am presuming you didnt delete your gamesave from the last biuld of final burn,delete the gamesave in your t and u data folders.

gamesave is called ffff0778.

one you delete it fire up the emulator and it will create a new gamesave.

if you want to talk ill help merge FBA and CoinOPS together with if you want? I can add some settings like use CoinOPS or FBA for NeoGeo / CPS2. I would only slightly alter the GUI for INgame it would be mostly untouched maybe just using the same screensizing sizes. Ill send you a PM Nes but if you want to work as a team you have skills people would love and together we can add a good GUI and alot of new games.

if you want to talk ill help merge FBA and CoinOPS together with if you want? I can add some settings like use CoinOPS or FBA for NeoGeo / CPS2. I would only slightly alter the GUI for INgame it would be mostly untouched maybe just using the same screensizing sizes. Ill send you a PM Nes but if you want to work as a team you have skills people would love and together we can add a good GUI and alot of new games.

Now this is what I am talking about. Two Greats getting together. ;) Amazing post right here.

Awesome Guys! ;)

Edited by Mega Man (?)

On my side i'm still waiting for the small part of code i was asking to you, i mean the autoswich for HD mode (can't do it myself, don't have an HDTV). As we're supposed to 'work together'.

BOOL Create( BOOL enableVSYNC, BOOL smallFootprint ) {

if( m_created )

return FALSE;

if( !(m_pD3D = Direct3DCreate8( D3D_SDK_VERSION ) ) )

return FALSE;

D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS params;

memset( &params, 0, sizeof(params) );

DWORD vidStandard = XGetVideoStandard();

PRINTMSG(( T_INFO, "Video Standard: 0x%X", vidStandard ));

DWORD vidFlags = XGetVideoFlags();

PRINTMSG(( T_INFO, "Video Flags: 0x%X", vidFlags ));

g_skinOptions.m_currentSkin = "LowDef"; // this sets skin to 480i

m_backBufferWidth = 640;

m_backBufferHeight = 480;

params.BackBufferFormat = smallFootprint ? D3DFMT_R5G6B5 : D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8 ;

params.BackBufferCount = 1;

params.EnableAutoDepthStencil = FALSE;

params.AutoDepthStencilFormat = D3DFMT_D24S8;

params.SwapEffect = D3DSWAPEFFECT_FLIP;

params.FullScreen_RefreshRateInHz = 60;

params.FullScreen_PresentationInterval = enableVSYNC ? D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_DEFAULT : D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_DEFAULT; // Screen Tearing Fix

// params.FullScreen_PresentationInterval = enableVSYNC ? D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_ONE_OR_IMMEDIATE : D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE;

PRINTMSG(( T_INFO, "Hello World" ));

if( vidStandard == XC_VIDEO_STANDARD_PAL_I )

{

if( !(vidFlags & XC_VIDEO_FLAGS_PAL_60Hz) )

{

// Since many games run at 60Hz, it's easier to be at 60Hz for proper sound emulation

params.Flags = D3DPRESENTFLAG_EMULATE_REFRESH_RATE;

//m_backBufferHeight = 576; // Set the buffer to full PAL height to disable scaling

}

}

if( vidFlags & XC_VIDEO_FLAGS_HDTV_480p )

params.Flags |= D3DPRESENTFLAG_PROGRESSIVE;

if( vidFlags & XC_VIDEO_FLAGS_HDTV_720p && g_romListOptions.m_hidefinition == TRUE) // if hidefination is enabled in settings and it can run make it HD

{

g_skinOptions.m_currentSkin = "HiDef"; // LowDef"; // this sets skin to HiDef

m_backBufferWidth = 1280;

m_backBufferHeight = 720;

params.Flags |= D3DPRESENTFLAG_PROGRESSIVE | D3DPRESENTFLAG_WIDESCREEN;

}

params.BackBufferWidth= m_backBufferWidth;

params.BackBufferHeight= m_backBufferHeight;

theres the source to autoselect 480i-480p-720p it uses one setting "romListOptions.m_hidefinition " to enable or disable and it needs to run when the video size is setup on intialisation

Just my 2 cents on this whole merging thing.....

I think, in principle, it may be of great benefit to those that want a simple emulation launcher.

I guess, the downside I can see that there is a real danger of the "launcher" influencing what an author of an emulator might want to include with their emu...such as screen re-sizing and different filter options.....

Like I said, just my 2 cents....for what it's worth..lol.

K