Washington DC

Krosigrim

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Personally, I would like to see a full gun ban in place in the US. I think our country would be a better place without them.

I agree with you mostly. The statistics in Canada are amazing. They do not have free gun reign therefor there are less murders there. Unfortunately, there's a part of me that doesn't want the ban. I'm a stay at home mom and a student. If some crazy runs in here with a weapon, all I have is knives, furniture and my fists. Not so good odds for me there. I hate guns but for my daughter, I might just have to get one.

But real quick, I hear rumors about America Canada and Mexico merging.

This has been going around for a while. Actually the Bush administration had started this. They do want to merge these 3 countries. They're thinking it'll help the economy. Since Obama came into power, the agreement has been placed on hold but not actually thrown out. Kinda makes me wonder.

After the stuff that happened with me, I wanted to get a shotgun. The only gun I've ever shot was a .22 and it was because I thought it was a toy. I've had issues with guns since. Plus, I have a kid. My father-in-law suggested getting a revolver as they're safer and easier to put away and access. I just don't know. I'd rather get some mace, a tazer and a staff.

The United States government is considering on joining the EU. Since Saudi Arabia sells their oil only by the euro, it makes it incredibly difficult for us here since we're the #1 consumers of oil and the dollar is piss. It's hurting us really bad.

How can the US join the EU? It isn't part of Europe. The US is certainly the number 1 consumer of oil, it uses approximately 3/4 of all the world's oil, and is in no hurry to do anything about that appalling figure.

As for guns, well I am anti-gun (well, it works here, most of us still have jobs, and it's safe to walk down the street), but I appreciate that US citizens are surrounded by guns, it's a part of life there, and guns will never go away. So, bigger is better!

If a ban on guns would actually take guns away from criminals, I would be all over it.

But that isn't the case at all. Weed is banned here, but anybody with a desire to smoke will find it without problem, in my eyes most smokers aren't criminals but to the police everyone doing so is offending the law. Same with a bunch of other drugs.

Besides, guns are cool :unsure:.

How can the US join the EU? It isn't part of Europe.

Well, in order to join the EU they have to complete the "United States of Europe" and it's looking like a very delicious concept to our leaders. In order for that to happen, our environmental policies need to change and they're taking some pretty big steps on getting that process in order.

Edited by Hera

But real quick, I hear rumors about America Canada and Mexico merging.

This has been going around for a while. Actually the Bush administration had started this. They do want to merge these 3 countries. They're thinking it'll help the economy. Since Obama came into power, the agreement has been placed on hold but not actually thrown out. Kinda makes me wonder.

Not gonna fuckin happen. Ask any Canadian born here this, and they'd tell you we'd die before this happened. I'd be the first one at the border with a rifle in hand.

Sorry, but there's no way in hell I'd allow something like that to happen...over my dead body. Your country is run differently in some ways we can't stand up here. You guy's are like "Cousins" but you don't live with your cousins...you visit.

Now as for Mexico...shit you guys have plenty of border jumpers as is from there, they'd be HAPPY to come in and ruin your economy some more by free-loading on your welfare and health care system.

I wouldn't like to see our countries merge either - I think there would be a lot of disadvantages there for everyone and I think each of our counties have a lot of issues that need to be worked out before anything like that would be viable. Regarding Mexico though, I would like to see an express path to citizenship implemented to fix the illegal immigration problem. The reason for that is simple, no matter what we do short of completely militarizing the border they will not stop coming over. The idea of trying to secure a border of that size reliably is idiotic. I would say in exchange for 2-4 years of service in our military or national guard, their families should be granted citizenship.