Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Wizard

This year's Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to the American President, Barack Obama.

The Norwegian-based Nobel committee said he had made extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation.

The committee chairman, Thorbjoern Jagland, said they had attached special importance to Mr Obama's vision of a world without nuclear weapons.

The head of the International Atomic Energy Authority, Mohamed ElBaradei, told World Update's Dan Damon why he supports the decision.

There are, however, plenty of critics of the Nobel Peace Prize committee.

One of them is Jan Oberg, executive director of Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research in Sweden.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/news/200...ma_wup_sl.shtml

in before

testify.jpg

I'm sorry, but I really don't see how he could win the Nobel Prize without even a full year in office or any substantial accomplishments to speak of. Efforts are one thing, results are another. It seems like the committee was trying to use the prize as a way of conveying a political message, which I don't think is appropriate and marginalizes it.

I kind of agree with Jan Oberg. It doesn't quite seem right that the man now in control of the largest military force in the world should get this. Mother Teresa never had a nuke button.

A president getting a noble peace prize for "attempting" to do the things a president is supposed to do.

Uhuh...

I think it's an attempt to point out what a monumental fuck up the previous one was.

A president getting a noble peace prize for "attempting" to do the things a president is supposed to do.

Uhuh...

I think it's an attempt to point out what a monumental fuck up the previous one was.

what has he done to fix anything? He's a lame duck, feel good we aren't racests anymore, figure head President. Everyone bitched about the evil war and how it was all Bush's fault for 7 years. now Obama is in office and no one mentions the war at all. He shifted everyone's attention to healthcare. more troops are shipping out all the time, the 2 front war continues to rage on but you wouldn't know if watching the news or reading the paper. You have to dig to see Obama's approval ratings are continually sinking. they won't report it. but Bush's rating were shoved down our throats every day.