Psp worth buying?

Cominus

3001 models can be hacked now.

The disadvantage:

1. you can't turn off the unit, you must put it in sleep mode only. If you turn it off, the system will reset and you will need to hack it again. But the hack is easy to execute.

2. the current CFW is at 5.03 Gen only. PSP Slim is at 5.50 Gen B2, which can play most of the new games out there.

Not sure whether 5.03 can support or not.

3. The scanline issue on the screen for 3001 is real.

The pros:

1. Screen is brighter.

Better get a PSP 2001, if you can find one ;)

I have a PSP, but it has been largely unused. I played through Maverick Hunter X and made two attempts at playing through FF7: Crisis Core but that was about it. Since I own an iPhone, the multimedia functions have been pretty useless for me and I don't see too much compelling software on the horizon. The biggest problem the system has is the fact they can't seem to attract enough developers and even when they do, it is treated as a 3rd rate platform simply due to the fact it's a portable. Sony also isn't helping matters with half-assed projects like the PSP Go. Strip features and raise the price - genius!

I have owned two PSPs, I always get one thinking it's going to be awesome and then sell it because I get bored of it. I guess I made some money off it selling them modded though. There just aren't really that many good games on it. The controls drive me nuts on most games because it seems like they where designed with dual analog in mind.

You can't Pandora a PSP 3000. Now you can play games that require 5.55 ofw with help of Games Decrypter V4. I have a PSP 3000 and I enjoy it, the scanless issue is a deal for me at all. It's very useful when taking a dump.

I have owned two PSPs, I always get one thinking it's going to be awesome and then sell it because I get bored of it. I guess I made some money off it selling them modded though. There just aren't really that many good games on it. The controls drive me nuts on most games because it seems like they where designed with dual analog in mind.

same. I got a launch unit. hardly touched it. modded it then hardly touched it again. sold it for cost. then recently I got a good deal on a PSP2000 that I modded and proceded to hardly touch. sold it for profit. as far as handhelds go I have more fun with my ipod touch then any psp or DS I have owned.