What cool websites do you visit?

I have a routine with the internet (as we all do I expect). It involves 1Emu being visited first out of 8 or so websites. So that I may post here and all that good junk. But then I go off into other sites for entertainment. I expect some of you all to do the same, so which websites do you tend to visit on your daily routine?

Here's some of mine ;).

GameTrailers

I notice a lot of hate for the website ON the website itself, but it's generally served me well (being a portal for Screw Attack and a bunch of other game sites), not informative when it comes to news, but generally entertaining.

Hulu

One of my favorite websites on the internet. Promoting the "right" way of doing T.V on the internet. Best of all, it's completely legit (everything is backed by the companies producing these shows themselves). I have high hopes for this site to continue doing what it's doing, and the same way it's doing it right now. If you live in the US check it out, unfortunately the website is locked to that region (sorry Euro's). But hey, that just means you guys need to start pirating more so that the selfish idiots leading the companies of today's shows realize that they work for us. Not the other way around.

The Escapist

Home of "Yahtzee", a reviewer who is rarely left happy and clamoring more from developers when they half-ass their shit. The website has a slew of other shows and content that should be given the chance to shine. For instance, some of Jason Rohrer's games have been supported by the site (Creator of Passage, something you should all definitely check out). Their forum's are strict but attempt (using it loosely) to promote intelligent flame less debate. At the very least trolls will adore the living hell out of it >.>.

Cinemassacre

Anybody who delved into the "Angry Video Game Nerd" beyond his youtube/screwattack channel knows that he has his own website. At the moment the website is holding a "Monster Madness" marathon, in where James (his real name) reviews a different movie each day in October. They're 2-3 minutes in length but filled with surprising information. He has a ton of other sub-shows beyond the Nerd (his latest, Board James, where he reviews old school board games) and they are a ton of fun. The website helped promote (thanks to it's "vs." series) my next website, the "movie" equivalent of James on the internet.

That Guy With The Glasses

That Website With The Long Fucking Name is known for hosting a slew of online video reviewers, everything from movies to comic books (Linkara owns). They're extremely entertaining and expose a lot of the bullshit that the industry is known for across the years (like the 3rd TMNT that I never got to watch as a kid, I'm now grateful I didn't). Visit it and check out some of their stuff :lol:, some suggestions: "Nostalgia Critic", "Linkara", "Spoony", "Film Brain", "Benzaie". There are a ton of other reviewers on the site, not to mention besides their videos there are a ton of articles.

Kongregate and Newgrounds

I know everyone here knows about Newgrounds, but did you know about Kongregate? I think it's the first website to use an achievement system for their flash based games. Creating an opportunity for profit, Kongregate allows you to donate to any artist who's game you feel is deserving of it. Not only that, but every month a few games are chosen to win cash prizes. Doing what Newgrounds did better, and then adding a chance so that the creators get compensated/advertised, I believe that Kongregate is an example of what a lot of sites should start practicing. Also don't think that you can half-ass a game into the website and expect $ to drop down, like I said before, it works off donations. If people don't like your game you ain't getting a dime. Plenty of people bash Flash games, but I feel that the future of the game industry lies in some of the young people producing their own project like it. Some of the games I've played have far better developmental structure than a bunch of shit out in the "mainstream" market today. Promoting the people who try new things is a great thing, and I hope the website continues to do so for years to come.

Well, those are all the sites I can link here without breaking the rules. Nothing heavy though, your usual torrent sites/anime sites. Hope you guys share your web surfing discoveries ;). Maybe go in another forum and share 1Emu as well :).

I have to be honest and say although if something is interesting there are not many good sites on the net anymore.

I normally go for wiki and do it that way such as these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

i had a theory for a long time (yes I do come up with my own stuff) that women who are kidnapped are prone to been prone to submission - Imagine when I read this:

The syndrome has also been explained in evolutionary terms. Historically raptio (e.g., Rape of the Sabine women) and bride kidnapping have been (and still are in some places) very common practices. Women who were kidnapped and consistently fought back were likely to be killed or imprisoned and thus not have children. But women who bonded with and submitted to their captors were more likely to have children and their children were more likely to receive the genes that made their mothers more passive and bonding towards their captors. And over several generations, this made the population of humans more genetically prone to submission and bonding when kidnapped.

In many cases, capture may also involve the killing (or threat of killing) of the captive's relatives, thereby isolating the captive. The captive is subjected to isolation and so sees even a small act, such as providing amenities, as a great favour. Such captives may side with their captors while believing their captors have conferred on them great importance and love. Furthermore, captives who perceive themselves as the only members of their group not to have been killed may believe that they have been shown a special interest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler

Then it can spiral to all kinds of interesting shit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...