Softmod drive upgrade problem

steshell

Firstly I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to Xbox modding but I managed to install XMBC using Kryzie Ndure and with a lot of help from fumanchu managed to get several emulators running including CoinOps Reignite.

I decided that I needed more hard-drive space so I used xboxhdm on a 500Gb dive and all seemed to go well unrill I booted off the new drive and the original Xbox dash came up.

I've tried everything, including building a basic Xbox drive and trying to mod again but Ndure won't install a new dash, it comes up with an error saying that it can't rename or delete something.

Am I using the wrong eeprom.bin?

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Is there an easier way to install the drive?

Please help!!!

Steve

Edited by steshell

First off even though it boots the MS dash does it still play copied disc's ?

ie- Is it still modded but with the MS Dash ?

quick guess here, cant remember off hand, modern softmods create a dummy c:\ drive.

To install any new dash you must unlock the real drive.

In one of the sofmod folders there is another .xbe which you launch that unlocks the real c:\ drive.

Or the softmod dash has a folder say on E:\Dash, so place any new dash in the dash folder.

This is only a vague guide cause you didnt give anything on the dash you supposedly have installed.

Sound like your process is correct, you can use xboxhdm to just clone your existing hdd ( once unlocked) and then lock it before installation or use chimps to clone it. Just had a quick thought, which button are you using to power the xbox ? Power will give MS dash and eject will give Unleashx dash when using Ndure.

Edited by hangover

Sound like your process is correct, you can use xboxhdm to just clone your existing hdd ( once unlocked) and then lock it before installation or use chimps to clone it. Just had a quick thought, which button are you using to power the xbox ? Power will give MS dash and eject will give Unleashx dash when using Ndure.

After the softmod it always booted straight into XBMC so I'm wondering if I'm copying the right files across to xboxhdm?. I copied contents of C and E and also eeprom from E\backups\eeprom\backup.

Steve

Got it!!

After wasting a week on this I hadn't tried to run a copy game as I didn't have any, but I ran one of the baed discs and it ran fine.

I ftp'd XBMC to E and all is fine.

Now to get installing all of the emulators.

Thanks for all of your advice.

Steve

It sounds like you've done all the hardwork, I use xboxhdm but not quite with the clone....

if you've got your original disk working using Krazie's softmod packs then boot with the original disk to xbmc

FTP to your xbox and copy the partitions to folders on your pc representing the partitions (C, E and possibly F if you formatted it)

download xboxhdm, read the instructions and use your copied over C, E and possibly F in the appropriate folders also part of the krazie install will have put an eeprom.bin and also a txt file that has all the unlock info - again put those in the right place then run the file to build an iso of xboxhdm

turn off your pc, disconnect all disks except the new one you want for your xbox, boot from the xboxhdm dvd - unlock that drive you've already prepared then run xboxhdm and let it format and install the disk, it will give you the option of F and maybe even G if it's a big disk (over 120gb I think)

when done lock the disk using the eeprom.bin / txt file (you must have done that before as you actually got that disk to boot)

put it in xbox - job done