How do you study?

Lucandrake

If you're studying I suggest a good study group. Good as in no one dicks around or leeches off other people's work. I find it helpful to discuss material with other peers who are serious about it. Just talking about the material will show how much you understood it, with other peers, they might reveal information that could prove to be helpful for the test or paper. Then again this only works for certain classes for me at least, with math it's a bit different but if you stick to good study groups you'll definitely find someone who's very knowledgeable about the material.

I find what helps me most is actually handwriting things. I take TONS of notes in class and whatever I want to memorize I will write over and over again. I think I remember hearing about a study that was done that said when you write things by hand (NOT TYPE) you actually do remember better, so it makes sense I guess.

I second this. If I write something down, I have a much higher chance of actually remembering it. Typing works for me too, but it really also depends on the subject. If it is something I have little to no interest in, it's a lot harder to retain. If it's something I am interested in, I will remember everything down to the smallest details.

So everything that I'm taking this semester (even English) sucks balls. I find it extremely easy to loose track and am constantly fighting the screams in my brain for entertainment.

So what I'm doing now is, attempting to study in light doses. I'll read for 10 minutes, take notes, try to stick a piece of information in my brain, then go have fun. Come back the next hour and do it again.

I plan on doing this until I'm fit to study 30 minutes of every hour for 6 hours to have a total daily study time of 3(and as long as I don't procrastinate, which I've been doing extremely lightly this semester, I'm good, on a plus side I'll end up being able to study my own interests when I catch up).

Wish me luck!

So everything that I'm taking this semester (even English) sucks balls. I find it extremely easy to loose track and am constantly fighting the screams in my brain for entertainment.

So what I'm doing now is, attempting to study in light doses. I'll read for 10 minutes, take notes, try to stick a piece of information in my brain, then go have fun. Come back the next hour and do it again.

I plan on doing this until I'm fit to study 30 minutes of every hour for 6 hours to have a total daily study time of 3(and as long as I don't procrastinate, which I've been doing extremely lightly this semester, I'm good, on a plus side I'll end up being able to study my own interests when I catch up).

Wish me luck!

Yeah ADD seems to have that sorta effect on people. You keep at it bro, im proud of you! :)