Newbie Upgrading the HDD here

dcm2284

There are a few quirks with AID Installer.

Firstly the apps, emulators etc are from when the installer was packaged (made) so as Fu says they are dated from the summer so XBMC and other bits will require updating after initial install.

Secondly you will have some tools installed by the installer in set directories, i myself dont use the old folder layout ie- emulators in emulators folder, apps in apps folder etc. For me emulators drop straight in the games folder. You get the idea anyway.

In conclusion, you will probably have to re-arrange some stuff. As for updating things it couldnt be easier. Its not like a PC with installers as such, its a case of copying and overwriting stuff via Either FTP or from disc. Im sure you get the picture.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tech released a new verion of xbmc just last week so yeah you will have to update xbmc and as for the emus well they are all up to date apart from the mame ones and fbaxxx.

i think you get mamedox1.1 and mameox128 with aid and fbaxxx pro1.28 IIRC.

Yeah that is probably ok. It would seem to be a build made by the AID team. It probably comes with a whole bunch of skins and plugins most of which you wont like in the case of the skins and as far as the scripts go half are shoddy and lots dont even work. Some plugins are regional and most require a really up to date build of XBMC. The newer skins also require a recent version XBMC. Hey its all up to you, i prefere to get my builds from the builders/creators. Try this site for info on XBMC. Over time most development threads have moved to XBMC's new home at http://xbmc.org/forum/

Good luck, thats all your getting outta me.

Stick with the T3CH builds for XBMC. There are official nightly builds but the last time I tried any of them they had a lot of very basic xbox features (like trainers) broken. T3CH builds usually still have all the xbox stuff working. The latest versions of certain skins are still broken too.