Career

LoRd_SnOw

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to go into Urology for that and only dipshits go into Urology.

I have to agree with that statement. My buddy's mom works in that field and she's ALWAYS giving him the wrong medical advice. I've never gone to school or any of that jazz but just about EVERYONE in my family is in some form of medical profession so I have a little more knowledge than the average person. When she tells him some things, he usually gets a second opinion from me and if I have no clue, he'll go straight to a doctor. But some of her suggestions are outrageous.

Minimally invasive GI surgery or trauma surgery. So far I haven't found anything I've really liked until I started my surgery rotation a month ago. It's busy as hell and I'm at the hospital for 12 hours+ and I'm just a student who doesn't really do anything. But there is such less bullshit involved in surgery that was so prevalent in my medicine rotation.

HAHA! GRYPH thinks surgery is like copy & paste!

No, tell me you're not serious.

What the fuck are you talking about? If you haven't worked on any of the services then you don't really know what I'm trying to say. Patient care on surgical wards is far more straight forward than on medicine and there is a huge culture difference between the two. On medicine most of the day is spent on rounding and writing notes and doing paper work. In surgery the notes and rounding are minimal and the rest of the time is doing more important things like actually doing surgery which is super challenging and stressful. The only medicine service I liked was heme/onc because it was more laid back.

Also, medicine clinic is awfully boring and tedious while surgery clinic is super quick and fast turn around with patients. Plus surgeons are just cooler people to hang around with.

What the fuck are you talking about? If you haven't worked on any of the services then you don't really know what I'm trying to say. Patient care on surgical wards is far more straight forward than on medicine and there is a huge culture difference between the two. On medicine most of the day is spent on rounding and writing notes and doing paper work. In surgery the notes and rounding are minimal and the rest of the time is doing more important things like actually doing surgery which is super challenging and stressful. The only medicine service I liked was heme/onc because it was more laid back.

Also, medicine clinic is awfully boring and tedious while surgery clinic is super quick and fast turn around with patients. Plus surgeons are just cooler people to hang around with.

Hence why I asked if you were serious.

I wouldn't say it's less BS since if you are working trauma peoples lives are literally in your hands. Literally.

I graduated from university with a very bad result. Got a job with Sony, make a career out of production planning, moved on to Texas Instruments then moved on to Lenovo, get laid off, then rehired back by Lenovo for Supply & Demand Planner position.

Main thing is you will only know what you want when you get a job. Make a career out of it. If you stuck in planning, then make full use of it and master it. Once you think you learn enough, you can move on. If you manage to be a know-all, you will rise high in a corporation. I am currently trying to understand Finance and ther ins-outs so that i can equip myself to be manager in future.

Why did you leave Sony?

Lucky, i wish i could atleast get a job with sony imax :rolleyes:

Turns out my college is hiring for english tutors, i was about to apply, but because i type/write like a total retard, i didn't have the guts to even bother to apply. Atm, im pretty much shooting myself for not even trying.. In a way i feel greedy, having already applied for a job. But, to be honest, i can't just sit my ass on that, as it's not even guaranteed.

As for a career, i've been having plenty of thoughts of becoming a cop also, but because im such a weak loser, i can't apply. I've also had thoughts of becoming a doctor, but geeze, a doctor? i don't even know what kind of doctor, plus being at a hospital alone drives me insane. I tried getting a job with AT&T well they never called me back and so desperately i've even tried target, shamefully i failed the questionaire by one point and well that was very frustrating for me, though im sure for many this is laughable.

Hmm, i might have to make being a bum as my new career, it sure does look like it's suiting my future fine*sarcasm*... Though, i could try getting a job off the books, but honestly there's no benefits, no 401k other than money, and im looking to have a job that can atleast stick onto my resume and mean something that will help with something else. Surprisingly, last month i was thinking of becoming a journalist, man... okay no more laughing.

I've also spent hours browing through craigslist, career builder and monsterjobs (even though, theres no way in hell i would stand a chance).

Edited by Snow Patr0l