***CoinOPS reignite OFFICAL FORUM ***

BritneysPAIRS

hmmmm can look into it sometime..... all my videos are native 640x480 all but about 3-4 of them

Screenshot.Area are the 2 sizes for horizontal and vertical

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.UpperLeft = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.UpperRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.LowerRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.LowerLeft = 255 0 0 0

but the emu bug (auto scroll )

??? no idea what that means

might have locked in the alha fade for videos to xbe so it can change with screensaver mode or no.... cant remember ill need to look at the sources again. As its a bit untidy as it once had screenshots and video at the same time option in settings.

unfortunatelly that's what i thought, the alpha fade is hard coded in the xbe... (and the vertical video previews are certainly hard coded too...).

I hope you will allow the skinners to modify these values in the skin.ini, because like it is; we can't work on some new skins for coinOps (wich would be welcome; i like the original skin, but more skins to choose is always better)

p.s.: You will see, if you put these values in the "Screenshot.Color", the emu will autoadvance the roms names (like if you are continuously pressing the "up" button) weird...

Edited by Gilou9999

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vertical video previews are not hardcoded at all I told you want to search for to find both horizontal and vertical screensizes....

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Area = horizontal (or vertical if you have option of stretch vertical game previews)

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Area = vertical (unless stretch vertical game preview is enabled)

and yes alpha fade is locked at present. I asked for PSD to skin stuff a while back but had no demos so skin stuff was as is. I think CoinOPS ignite R4 uses a non locked alpha fade for videos (the one where the screensaver has alpha fade by default)

Show me the new skin and code it up I can look to see if its worth me attaching alha fade to screenshot alpha fade and where any new features for the skin is worth my time really.

I haven't worked a lot on it because of those problems :D

So i think i will be able to show you something next week, if you can just change the locked alpha fade, it will allow more skinners to provides new alternate skins. The videos in coinOps look really great with showcase, too bad the alpha shade is hiding 30% of the video preview.Thx for looking into this thought

it doesnt at all... and when you said it there was only screenshot (it supports more than what is in any other MAME on the xbox skin wise, alot more is opened than any other version and also alot more than what I had to deal with orig)....

PS any more of this stuff and ill show you guys locked down

WARNING 1

any more of this crap the next version will be encrypted and xmls locked and anything else I feel like into one encryted but smaller file

im so sick of so called experts telling me whats what when they have about 10percent of the understanding of whats in CoinOPS and how it works (10percent is probably wrong its more like less than 1percent of whats going on under the hood) if you dont want to listen to me and tell me whats what you can add the stuff and do it as your the expert.

this is your guys final warning............... on this crap im already in no mood to finish R4 for you guys as it is.... as I finished it mostly weeks ago, this stuff makes me change direction away from this crap and work on my own personal build and not bother spending a few hours to sync it with a public build

Why on earth are you wasting time making two separate versions? One for the peasants and a super duper special secret version for yourself? It's no one's fault here if you're wasting your own time in such a way. Just make one version however the hell you want, and either share it with people or don't.

As for skins, people like making them. Five of us were making new skins for FBA-XXX Pro. Why? Coz people like to customise. Look at Final Burn 1.1 by Nes. A new skin popped up in days, but I've never yet seen a CoinOps skin made. Whether that's coz of some coding issue or whatever I don't know, but surely it's worth spending a bit of time working with someone who has an interest in making one, like Gilou, instead of basically saying 'Make something yourself and I'll see about allowing it if I approve'.

One of the nicest presentation features of emulators like FBA-XXX Pro, ZsnesXbox, and the Xports, are selectable skins. So that you can change the look and feel of the emulator on a whim, by switching skins, and so that if you're creative, you can make your own personal one so that it looks and feels exactly how you want it. Selectable skins is a brilliant feature on any program.

As for you not feeling like finishing this next 'public' build, you're biggest problem is that you hate other people expressing their opinions if they aren't in line with yours. You see it as them attacking you and it hurts you so you retaliate, and then it turns very quickly into a fight of sarcasm and bitching (like above) where you plead that you're the victim who just wants to be left alone to code and develop your brainchild. The thing is though you keep asking for people's opinions, inviting people to comment. Making thread after thread on this forum, to the point where you make polls where you ask people what you should do next. You're like the school teacher who asks the naughty pupil what he has to say for himself, and then gets angry when the kid talks back.

Since we're on our final warning, I suggest everyone just take a few steps back and leave the master to his work. I mean that last bit somewhat seriously.

Is it?

Edit: Guess I broke the lock. Sorry.

Edited by The-Ice-Man