***CoinOPS reignite OFFICAL FORUM ***

BritneysPAIRS

iq_132 since fixing the graphics problems in "Golden Axe - Revenge of Death Adder" and updated the driver, how many fps roughly would you say it runs at in coinops since the fix? and if it does run sluggish do you think there's any way of running it at full 60fps, or do you think that would be impossible?

Thanks

Edited by mirsad

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iq_132 since fixing the graphics problems in "Golden Axe - Revenge of Death Adder" and updated the driver, how many fps roughly would you say it runs at in coinops since the fix? and if it does run sluggish do you think there's any way of running it at full 60fps, or do you think that would be impossible?

Thanks

I didn't so much fix the graphics problems as some protection problems. There are still places where the graphics are quite bad. And as for speed, I don't know. I develop solely on a custom MAME 0.84 build on pc.

Finally got Showcase dowloaded and added the R3 update....SOLID. I must say that I am more than impressed. Keep up the great work! On a side note though, for the games listed without sound "MK, NBA Jam, Wrestlemania, etc", is this a hardware limitation or just that work needs to be done for it to work?

Plain and simple: will these ever work with sound (I promise I'll be patient) hah

its getting close but very hard..... I dont think sega games will be fixed espically system Y but hopefully me and nes can insert the Sega game into CoinOPS if he wants or if he gives me actually permittion to use his sources ill add it a hacked core so it boots it wont support autofire cheats etc like CoinOPS but it ould run and be selectble in the same GUI and sort and tracked the same as CoinOPS is now. For me priority will be SEGA stuff and Midway but they are very very hard tasks and iq is really the man at this kind of stuff.

also some other stuff people mentioned...

**I can add an option to disable the screen when scrolling and will do this weekend

**the slow seeking with no video thing is due to a slow hardrive ;) I know the issue and I can code a work around this weekend as well hopefully. If you had all pic or all vids you wont see this. The problem is its scanning though video names at 60times a sec to see if its there if not it uses pics. If you have no videos it wouldnt show. But you probably have the showcase lot of videos plus your own with pics. I will do some code if it fails once dont check for videos untill the list position changes. The picture code allready operates this way.

any chance of getting run and gun to run any better?

hey stryder how do you get run and gun to work,i always get stuck at the bad eeprom screen ??

i remember someone posted how to do it but i cant remember.

any chance of getting run and gun to run any better?

hey stryder how do you get run and gun to work,i always get stuck at the bad eeprom screen ??

i remember someone posted how to do it but i cant remember.

Remap the service button to a button on your controller. When you get to the bad eeprom screen press and hold the service button and reset the game with LT, RT and back. You should get a eeprom init screen. Underclock cpu1 to 50% will make it playable on a 64mb xbox around 20 to 30 fps. On a 128mb xbox around 35 to 45 fps. Use runngun.zip as it runs best the other dump will not let you select teams and runs to fast

First post here, and I wanted to say how wonderful the new CoinOPS Reignite emulator is! I enjoyed CoinOPS Gold, but this version is quite wonderful. My compliments to all the creators!

Quick question: is it possible to have CoinOPS Reignite point to multiple rom directories as you can in MAMEOX128? I am using the standalone version, and I have a complete .084 romset. The limit on the number of files in a folder, I believe, is 4096, and I have more than that. I have them split into three folders, 1600 each. It's a simple matter to do this in MAMEOX128, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it in Reignite. Is this even possible? At the moment, I have to go into settings and keep pointing it to one folder at a time.

Thanks for any help!